Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2019-2020, 100th Season Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone missed the link in the KC Fantasy Football League 2019 thread, here's the Pick'em info:

I forgot to light the Pick 'em up! I did it now, though...

Here's the link

Password: Oberheim

All are welcome, of course!

dB

Get your picks in for tonight's game ASAP!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Great defensive contest tonight. It's early yet, but Green Bay's defense shows promise for the first time in a long while.

My congrats to Chicago's defense for keeping the Packers' offense in negative yards for the first quarter. The Monsters of the Midway are tough!

Best,

Geoff

The Packers defense played extremely well last night. Hope Mike Pettine can keep them playing at that level or higher.

Old man Rodgers still knows how to exploit a defense. His offensive line held up relatively well under pressure. They survived the Bears defense.

Trubisky needs a lot of help from whoever is going to emerge as Bears playmakers. No shortage of talent. They need to find a sheet of music from which they can all sing.

First game of the season was a good one. I enjoyed the low scoring defensive battle is just as exciting as a barn burner.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

There is no real 'Patriots system". That is what is cool about the Hoodie and his crew. He assesses personnel and designs plans around what he has. I hate 'system" guys.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Pats probably advised AB on how to get released.

I don"t think he needed the counseling. He seems to have had it down when he was in Pittsburgh. Amazing how quickly he went from being revered as one of the best to being regarded as one of the NFL"s all time asshats.

I despise the message this sends - all you need to do to get your way and be paid millions is throw a series of temper tantrums and make yourself incredibly unpleasant to be around. Man, I"m glad I"m done raising kids. :facepalm:

It"s interesting that the news media seemed to know he"d end up on NE a few days ago. :idk:

Regardless, I am way ready for some football. :popcorn:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I despise the message this sends - all you need to do to get your way and be paid millions is throw a series of temper tantrums and make yourself incredibly unpleasant to be around.

Yeah, I was hoping no other team would touch him despite his talent on the field.

I knew he would not be unemployed for too long. Still surprised that the Patriots picked him up.

Nonetheless, I'm ready for some football too. Let's get it started. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Sometimes the Onion just nails it:

https://sports.theonion.com/fox-sports-expands-nfl-in-game-coverage-by-miking-up-ev-1837960812

I wondered whether to share this here, or in Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage forum here on MPN (to ask how would I mix the audio for this), but I couldn't justify opening a separate thread there to spread this silliness.

Well, week 2 had some great games despite my team's loss. I want the GM, HC and DC fired immediately. :rolleyes:

But, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the KC Chiefs go to work. Their OC is worth every dime he gets. :thu:

Key injuries could change the fortunes of a contender (Saints) but I still say league parity is great. Makes the games worth watching.

To that end, I'll be tuned in for Monday night matchup of the Browns vs Jets. :laugh::cool:

PD

Well, I didn't get to watch the Packers/Vikings game, but I did get to see Clay Matthews sack Teddy Bridgewater; so that was a nice consolation. Sorry that Drew Brees had to get injured for me to see the Matthews sack of Bridgewater, though. I hope he mends quickly.

Best,

Geoff

By now everyone knows that Big Ben is out for the season with a non impact elbow injury. He recently signed an extension for 2 more years. He has guaranteed money of 30 million for the next 2 years. That puts a substantial hit on the Steelers Salary Cap. Taking his place is Mason Rudolf who stepped in an played well when Ben left the field. He had two TD's and one pick that bounced off the hands of a butter fingers Receiver that has since been benched.

The Steelers are in deep doo-doo. :bor:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

From Spotrac:

For now Antonio Brown leaves behind dead cap hits of $5.5M in 2019 & $4.5M in 2020 with the #Patriots, though it"s likely all but the $153,920 he earned in two weeks will be credited back next year.

AB now accounts for a combined $26.6M of 2019 dead cap w/ the #Steelers & Pats.

:o

I never understood how the Pats (with less than $5m in cap space) pulled this off in the first place, but even with AB's release there's still a price to be paid.

Brown is done. The NFL is investigating him. No one is going to take him now. He's done for the season and maybe his NFL career. Brown is an idiot.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.