Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Fantasy Football League 2019

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dB for renewing our KCFFL for 2019. :thu:

I just want you all to know I'm winning the trophy this year. :D

So, we can either add another team or one can bow out gracefully.:laugh:

Seriously, KCFFL is a blast. I hope we get another team to join us.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

This is the year I don't have my top pick injured immediately!

I won one of my leagues with LeVeon Bell on my roster last year. Luckily I didn't need that IR spot...

A very good friend of mine who's been hearing about the KCFFL for years is going to join us to take up spot #12. He and I have shared a few teams (including the one with LeVeon Bell last year!), but have never had a chance to play against each other.

However, another slot has opened up...so we still need another player.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• 3 months later...

So Sunday it begins. :cool:

Quite a few gamble picks. Ezekiel Elliot is in the Le'Veon Bell role, for now. Then you have Melvin Gordon holding out; a somewhat bad knee injured Gurley; and of course the delusional Antonio Brown. It's going to make for some tough decisions early on.

On another note, these preseason games are killing me. The backups don't even see the 3rd quarter.

No doubt! First three RBs are easy...but from then on, not so much...and I'm drafting 12th. :facepalm:

The new player in the 12th spot is a very good friend of mine whom I see several times a week. He's shared teams with me for years, but this is his first time with his own team.

It's okay - he is an Actual Musician - plays sax, bass and keys. Perfect pitch as well... :cool:

dB

so Don, is that you who joined?

Hey Dave! Sorry I missed your post back in April. Yep, it's me who joined.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

No doubt! First three RBs are easy...but from then on, not so much...and I'm drafting 12th. :facepalm:

The new player in the 12th spot is a very good friend of mine whom I see several times a week. He's shared teams with me for years, but this is his first time with his own team.

It's okay - he is an Actual Musician - plays sax, bass and keys. Perfect pitch as well... :cool:

dB

Hey dB, how do we see the draft order? (Not that it really matters; I can assemble a mediocre team no matter when I pick.)

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

so Don, is that you who joined?

Hey Dave! Sorry I missed your post back in April. Yep, it's me who joined.

We actually have two new "coaches" this year - brother Don (playing as Fun Bunch) and my friend Bob (playing as Kerryon Wayward Son).

I believe your draft order is the reverse of your ranking last year. I was #1, so I draft last.

dB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well another year and another dBelichick Championship :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :)

My official 2019 excuses:

1. couldn"t stick with a QB from the draft on

2. Le"Veon Bell got plenty of touches only to play hide and seek then go for 2-3 yards. Same strategy, way different OL

3. dB using Jedi mind tricks to ensure no one uses the backup guy that winds up scoring 36 fan points ( I have no proof of this - he"s good!)

Seriously, very fun and entertaining season. CONGRATS TO dB, and may one of the restofus hoist the trophy next year! :taz:

Ditto in congrats to brotha dB in winning the 2019 KCFFL championship. :thu:

Thanks again to everyone who particpated this year. I had a blast playing against you all.

Looking forward to 2020. I'm taking no prisoners. I won't be defeated again. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

dBelichick

ð

I had an insane FF season this year. I usually play five teams, and am lucky to win one of them...maybe two.

This year, I won four of them (!) and came in second in the fifth league...and if I had played Mark Andrews instead of Darren Waller, I"d have won that one as well.

I got way lucky a bunch of times to be sure...but smelling out Lamar Jackson before drafting in three of the five definitely helped. âºï¸

Very enjoyable KCFFL round this year. Thanks to all for playing! Looking forward to getting my ass kicked next year.

dB

437.thumb.png.f40be54a5bc99ba6e9af003a62fd74be.png

Very enjoyable KCFFL round this year. Thanks to all for playing! Looking forward to getting my ass kicked next year.

that doesn't seem to happen too often (says the last guy able to do it :laugh: )

always glad to participate, I learn more each year. Thx to everyone in the league. :thu:

:nopity: