Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dexibell Vivo S3?

Yes, something like 48 seconds from what I read, which is on par with the old Nord Lead 3 and was a huge problem at gigs since digital gear is highly voltage sensitive and can trigger a reset quite easily when there's a drop in power.

Odd... I just picked up a Nord Lead 3, and it boots in under 7 seconds.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My S7 (same OS as S3) took around 38s to boot. A few seconds quicker than Grandstage. I remember there were some bugs in the OS, occuring when intensively switching patches. Maybe they improved it. Also, new 'platinum' sounds seem to be significant improvement over previous pianos, judging by YouTube videos. Though, I would rate EPs not very high, especially Rhodes. If you can live with aesthetics, it's a nice instrument. Maybe new 'PRO' series is a bit overpriced.
Ars non habet osorem nisi ignorantem

I have the S3 and it takes 50 seconds for it to upload , probably because it has the platinum pianos in it . I did get a chance to play out with a band with it a couple a weeks ago . They were having a celebration of life for a friend of mine and his brother who is a guitar player that I know asked me to sit in with their band that was playing at Dove Valley Winery , the bands name is Old Skool ,, we played Snow Blind Friend in honor of The guitar players brother and someone had recorded it on their cell phone and posted it on facebook ,I used the Gospel Organ on the song , I was not running through the mains because their regular keyboard player was there but I did have my two EV ZXA1 amps there , one was pointed at the singer and the other was pointed towards the dance floor. Since their keyboard player did not know the song I played it with the band , so when I saw someone had posted it on facebook I gave it a listen , I was actually surprised how full and present the sound was , the only thing I noticed about the sound was that I should of added some more treble to it ,but all in all it sounded pretty good .

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this zombie thread because I picked up a used Dexibell VIVO S3 (original, not "Pro"). I'm digging it. Downloadable tones from their website are improvements over stock sounds. Especially the Rhodes. I like the selection of acoustic pianos, too. I was looking for a 73/76 weighted keyboard for gigging -- almost entirely for just AP and EP. I also considered the Yamaha CP73, the Yamaha P121, and the Korg SV1/SV2. Dexibell hit the sweetest spot in terms of price, weight, sound quality, and action.

I know Dexibell isn't especially popular on the forum, so I'll keep this post brief, but I'm happy to elaborate on the board if anyone has questions. The original S3 is very similar to the S3 Pro and the S7 Pro currently available. I read and appreciated all the forum threads on the S3 as part of my decision making process. Thanks to all who posted on those threads!

A few months ago I bought a Dexibell SX7 sound module to use with my SK Pro for improved APs and EPs. I"m thrilled with the APs, but haven"t dialed in the EPs completely to my satisfaction yet. It"s my understanding that the sounds in the SX7 are identical to the S3 sounds.

Yes, I believe the sound sets are identical.

Do you have the "70s EP" library on your SX7? I had to download that from Dexibell website. WAY better than the "Dyno" and "Suitcase" and other tones which were pre-loaded on my S3.

Yes, I have the 70s EP Platinum from the website installed. It sounds pretty good but isn"t much fun to play. Are you satisfied with the 70s EP?

I'm wrestling with something similar. I agree the 70s EP sounds good but I'm having trouble adjusting to playing Rhodes on a weighted action (S3 has Fatar TP100). I'm used to playing Rhodes on a real suitcase and on semiweighted action (e.g., Nord Electro SW).

I've had my Dexibell for only a week, and have spent most of my time enjoying the acoustic piano tones. I'll dig in to tweaking the EPs and let you know if I come up with any good tips.