Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The lost art of Donut posts on KC.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been partial to dunking a good donut in anything.

Never been a fan of any residue floating around on the surface of my coffee - especially if it's a good strong cuppa single varietal, mindfully roasted. Nothing like a fragrant black cup of Ethiopian and an apple fritter or maple bar - but not commingled in the cup like some unholy flotsam or detritus to pollute the soul.

God intended donuts to be enjoyed warm and moistened only by their own delightful oils, saturated by love and perfection. And God intended coffee to be enjoyed strong, black and substantial.

Okay, I need to get back to work.

I'm a dunker, though not always, maybe 30%-er....I don't eat donuts often anymore and now less that I have OA in my left knee... sugar is bad for it and fried foods too...

A low inflammation diet is helping me lose weight.... I guess I could try one of the KK's.

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Never been a fan of any residue floating around on the surface of my coffee - especially if it's a good strong cuppa single varietal, mindfully roasted. Nothing like a fragrant black cup of Ethiopian and an apple fritter or maple bar - but not commingled in the cup like some unholy flotsam or detritus to pollute the soul.

God intended donuts to be enjoyed warm and moistened only by their own delightful oils, saturated by love and perfection. And God intended coffee to be enjoyed strong, black and substantial.

I feel like I need a cold shower after reading this post.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Dunking is great for rescuing donuts that have gone stale. Waste not, want not!

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Would anyone actually dunk a donut in a beer?

I wasn't suggesting dunking, just donut and beer pairings. :)

Remember a couple years ago, we had some folks here who were touting various "gourmet" donuts... the idea came up back then:

http://seattlemag.com/sites/default/files/field/image/reubens%20donuts%20780.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Krispy Kreme comes to Ireland (these kids are pretty hilarious)

Not valid unless the KK's are being eaten hot off the conveyor belt. The ones I saw eaten on the video were clearly from a cold box.

For those of you who have never had them at the KK shop itself, I feel compassion. Sad, sad compassion.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Krispy Kreme comes to Ireland (these kids are pretty hilarious)

Not valid unless the KK's are being eaten hot off the conveyor belt. The ones I saw eaten on the video were clearly from a cold box.

For those of you who have never had them at the KK shop itself, I feel compassion. Sad, sad compassion.

That was my same reaction. If they had them hot, they would probably lose their minds.

Moe

---

Yes indeedy. I remembers my time in Aix-en-Provence in the south of France in the late 70's. We'd be hanging out till all hours, and then at 4 in the morning we'd be drawn by the smell of baking on one of the small cobblestone side streets. We'd get chocolate croissants fresh out of the oven.... move over KK!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB