Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Death of Rock Legends

Bummer article for those of us who grew up with '60s and '70s music flowing through our brains and hearts.

Time moves on. Pop culture evolves. The new overtakes the old. That's the path of life, and not everything new is "bad," either.

But that doesn't mean we can't salute the glory of the past.

https://theweek.com/articles/861750/coming-death-just-about-every-rock-legend

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd seen many of the great artists who are already gone, Bowie, Prince, Danny Gatton, and Johnny Cash, among them. I've also gotten to see many of the still-living artists named in that article, and no, I'm not looking forward to the day they leave us. Still, I try to remind myself that the only Constant is Change, and in the meantime, I've grateful to have the memories, and the Music.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I am so happy to have grown up when I did. I'm sure everyone says that, but I truly believe that history will show the '60s and '70s to be a golden era of rock music. Grateful for the memories and the music to be sure!

+1000. We were really lucky musically to grow up during that era. :rocker:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• 1 month later...

I'm so happy to have grown up in that era , also ;) Question is though is how much of that era of music carries over to the next gen?

It's interesting to note that with time , relativity is not a function of age anymore - meaning that in the 60's , songs from the 30's and 40's and 50's were considered so out-dated - yet they were barely about 25-30 years old and rarely were played on the popular radio stations. . Comparing to today where songs from the 60's , 70's , 80's still get much air time. Maybe a few exceptions were the Sinatra/Martin/Crosby crooners (though they continued to make records in the 60's and 70's).

FWIW, mediums like Youtube are helping to keep the old classics alive, a good thing.