Music Player Network

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FS: IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 MAX, MODO Bass, Syntronik etc #3006040 09/01/19 08:54 PM
M
Mark Schmieder Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
I have had enough time with the HUGE 250 GB content of SampleTank 4 MAX by now, to have decided it's not going to get added to my template or bump anything else to the curb. I was initially excited by the content list, as it covers a lot of rare instruments, many of which haven't been sampled by anyone else, but I am just not patient enough to take the time to get as adept with the SampleTank interface as I am with other samplers on the market.

As I am not quite sure what happens to the subsidiary products once this one is transferred -- even though I bought them separately -- I consider it lower risk to sell ST4 MAX first, and then see if my individually purchased ST libs, Miroslav Philharmonik, Syntronik, etc., still show up as available for sale. Feel free to inquire about them in advance, however.

Note that the seller must purchase a $20 license transfer credit in advance of the transfer. If for some reason, the transfer itself doesn't go through, I will reimburse. I contacted IK yesterday, but the information they provided me, while helpful, doesn't match what I see at my account, where everything I've ever purchased shows up as available for transfer. Supposedly, anything bought from Custom Shop cannot be transferred. At any rate, I know I pre-ordered ST4 MAX via their website vs. Custom Shop.

Here is a document that lists everything included in ST4 MAX, which is 2-1/2 times what is in regular ST4 and rolls in all of the expansions that were sold separately for ST3. Note that there is a humongous Yamaha C7 in here, and I consider it one of the two best currently available, but again, I just can't get on with the ST4 interface, which isn't much different from ST3. I don't like creating multis in general, and that may be the only way to get multiple mics. Others will not be bothered by this workflow.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/st4/soundlist/SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments.pdf

This sells for $500 new, or $300 as an upgrade. I am only asking $200 or B/O, to cover the $20 transfer fee as well as foreign exchange fees and PayPal fees. Without all the fees involved, I would have felt comfortable asking $150, which matches the retail price of the SE beginner's edition of ST4.

Although I posted this last night at vi-control, I have a feeling that the composers' community will stick their nose up at this, and maybe also at Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (and its one add-on library). I don't want to join KVR if I can keep from it though, so thought I'd see if there's appeal in this community for IK Multimedia's products.

Bear in mind that stuff like Syntronik and Miroslav aren't bundled in SampleTank 4 MAX, so I already know those licenses remain separate for resale. But due to how many ways they are packaged, I'm going to have to depend for now on interested parties making offers, which I know is not popular (for some reason) on this forum. Maybe people think it's insulting to the seller? Don't worry about that in my case. I consider it a bonus when a vendor lets us resell things, with or without the transaction fees involved. My least favourite stuff can't be resold. Funny how that works.

MODO Bass sells for $400 new; I can let it go for $100 (including the transfer fee). Best overall comprehensive collection of bass models out there, for quickly deciding which bass for a song, with adjustable settings for string age, type, etc. But I'm a bassist so it's silly to bother with MIDI mockups.

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is $300; asking $140 with the $20 transfer fee at my end. There's one extension for it too: Orchestral Percussion. That goes for $100 new; I'd ask $60 including the $20 transfer fee, or $175 for Miroslav Philharmonik 2 full edition augmented by the Orchestral Percussion add-on.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st3orchestralpercussion/?pkey=st3sounds-orchestralpercussion

Syntronik goes for $200 new; I can sell for $100 including the transfer fee. I have the expanded Deluxe Edition, but the IKM website is super messed-up right now as they have the prices inverted for regular Syntronik vs. Syntronik Deluxe, and also have the wrong prices on several other products (see Sweetwater for more reliable prices).

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikdeluxe/?pkey=syntronik-deluxe

Note that Syntronik Deluxe is an expanded version vs. an add-on for the regular edition. At one point, they sold an add-on for $50, but the new material in Deluxe goes beyond that.

EDIT: I have spent far too much time trying to figure out what is going on with the Syntronik series, as the information at IKM's website is very contradictory. I now think the Deluxe Edition is just an expansion pack and that the price is correct. If so, then I have to charge separately for that and it probably needs to be bundled, but would have an additional license transfer fee so I'd need to ask $60 to be on the safe side. Or $150 for Syntronik + Deluxe. It's shocking what a mess that website is at the moment, regarding version differentiation of product groups.

Last edited by Mark Schmieder; 09/01/19 11:33 PM.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari
Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold Top, G5422DC-12, T486-RB, ES295, PM2, EXL1
WX5, XK1c, Voyager
KC Island
Re: FS: IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 MAX, MODO Bass, Syntronik etc [Re: Mark Schmieder] #3006643 09/05/19 07:38 AM
M
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
MODO BASS is now sold. Too bad we can't edit the title or the original content, as it's going to be hard for people to follow status of what's available.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari
Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold Top, G5422DC-12, T486-RB, ES295, PM2, EXL1
WX5, XK1c, Voyager
Re: FS: IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 MAX, MODO Bass, Syntronik etc [Re: Mark Schmieder] #3006832 09/06/19 01:12 PM
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
What do you suggest for the thread title?

The great thing about music is that there's always something to learn. The frustrating thing about music is that there's always something to learn!
Re: FS: IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 MAX, MODO Bass, Syntronik etc [Re: Mark Schmieder] #3006913 09/06/19 07:36 PM
M
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
Well, I seem to recall that years ago, we could edit it to say "SOLD", or remove items that have sold (when it's a multi-item sale, as this one is).

I don't think we ever had the ability to edit the initial post though, to bring it up to date.

Last edited by Mark Schmieder; 09/06/19 07:37 PM.

WX5, XK1c, Voyager
Re: FS: IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 MAX, MODO Bass, Syntronik etc [Re: Mark Schmieder] #3007001 09/07/19 08:10 AM
M
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
MODO DRUM is fully modeled, like MODO BASS, and has some similar workflow and GUI design elements in common. It is an interesting design that can serve as a great learning tool, comparing different wood materials, etc. It can be used for natural-sounding drums, or extreme synthetic drums that go beyond what a typical electronic drum kit can deliver.

I've had enough time with this new product now, to know that it is quite capable and will likely grow in functionality over time (such as support for more articulations on hi-hats and snares), but also have concluded that my use would be extremely limited to just super-extreme fake-sounding kits, and I am tending lately to instead discover world instruments and less-known orchestral percussion when I want something other than a conventional drum set.

MODO DRUM costs $300 new; I am asking $150, inclusive of the $20 transfer license that the seller must buy in advance of the sale, and which is then immediately applied to the license transfer.

WX5, XK1c, Voyager

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Joe Muscara