Music Player Network

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FS: PreSonus StudioOne 4.5 Pro, Notion Instrument add-ons #3006028 09/01/19 07:22 PM
M
Mark Schmieder Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
I finally found time to investigate the resale policies of PreSonus software products tonight. There was a helpful forum post that showed up in their Q&A section, and it's very straightforward, but the license transfer fees mean that anyone buying quantity from an existing user may do better to just wait for a sale or buy a bundled product. I have decided upon rock-bottom prices as a result, accounting for their fees and PayPal's plus foreign exchange fees.

Note that I have easily confirmed that only the latest versions can be resold, so if you have an incompatible computer, I think you'll need to check whether the older licenses come along for the ride and you're able to access those installers for a compatible older version.

PreSonus StudioOne v4.5 Professional: $125 or B/O, including the $25 transfer fee (which I pay) -- most are charging between $200 to $300

PreSonus Notion 6: *****SOLD*****

Notion 6 sound packs (I have 42 of them; a complete collection): transfer fee is $5 each, so I'd ask $7 each to account for payment transfer fees from PayPal etc. Buying these second hand is only a good option if you just need a few and they aren't ones that are also bundled at a discount. Even though I bought some of them as bundles, they seem to all register as individual licenses afterwards, which makes resale a bit tricky price-wise. I'll try to find time to itemize all 42 of them a bit later, along with clicking each one to make sure there aren't any that can't be resold (such as if they're discontinued). Note that they cost $15 new, but bundles usually drop this a bit.

I did some screen shots of my Notion Instrument Packs, but they were too large for this forum. This ad has been up for a week at vi-control but all eight buyers have changed their mind, so I'm realizing it's the wrong forum for this sort of product and that there are more likely to be people around these parts that have a use for this stuff.

UPDATE: I was able to do a screen shot of my credentials from Notion itself, which made for a tidier and smaller image, attached below. I'll try to break this out into an alphabetized vertical list as time allows.

Attached Files
NotionAddOns.png (133.77 KB, 20 downloads)
Notion Instrument Add-Ons
Last edited by Mark Schmieder; 09/02/19 01:54 AM.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari
Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold Top, G5422DC-12, T486-RB, ES295, PM2, EXL1
WX5, XK1c, Voyager
KC Island
Re: FS: PreSonus StudioOne 4.5 Pro, Notion Instrument add-ons [Re: Mark Schmieder] #3006390 09/04/19 12:43 AM
M
Mark Schmieder Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
M
StudioOne 4.5 is sold; the Notion instrument packs are all still available.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari
Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold Top, G5422DC-12, T486-RB, ES295, PM2, EXL1
WX5, XK1c, Voyager

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Joe Muscara