Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Old High Def footage through BMs free Resolve 16

There was this recent thread about "your first pro cam" or something to that extend, so I looked at some of my "old" Sony HC3 High Definition Video fragments I have on hard drive. The cam's tape playing is no longer o.k., it has been used a lot, but it's a bit of a shame the mpg encoded digital tapes don't really play back well any more on the $1000+ camera, while a cheaper standard digital video cam (also from Sony) from years before this one still plays the old tapes fine.

Anyhow, I wanted to try my free copy of Blackmagic "Resolve 16.0" which I run an a heavy windows 10 pro machine with a barely but just adequate GTX7700 card on this old cam video, and here's the result of a simple "fragment on timeline with basic effect, no real color tuning, to high quality h264" and some added synthesizer sound:

[video:youtube]

I should find the accurate deinterlace and stretch settings (the cam makes 1080i50 with non-square pixels that need stretching to 16:9 aspect ratio), and get some more color mappings going, where Resolve shines with, but I thought this would be fun to share.

T.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic