Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you do with your old cameras?

RABid

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think something like the 5D could still be useful. My Olympus 4040, on the other handâ¦

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

At least lenses hold their value if you take care of them. I still use the first decent lenses that I bought with that 5D and see no need to upgrade them. I think my advice to anyone starting out in photography would be cheap camera, good lenses.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I usually sell them, and in fact am selling a Nikon D610 full frame DSLR on eBay right now.

If I don't do this, they usually collect dust.

Other great things to do with old cameras is modify them for infra-red, donate them to PhotoStart to help children learn about photography, or donate them to schools around your community. I've done all of that before as well except for modifying it for infra-red. Still need to do that at some point!!!