Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave Brubeck's Connecticut Home

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in Norwalk, one town over from Wilton. I've done gigs with Chris Brubeck but never been to his dad's house. What a nice setting. Wilton is a little hilly and fairly upscale though it has a small downtown area. And â iirc it was a dry town, maybe still is.

What a fun place. Nice that the family can keep the house and maintain it. The Brubeck brothers are coming to town this season and we will be at the show.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hmm gorgeous as corporate business space but it does not strike me as a comfortable home/living space.

Looking at this through 2019 eyes I can understand that. Any serious students of architecture here? I am certainly not, but my guess is that this house is an example of late 50s/early 60s modernist design. In my (much) younger days I had a friend who lived across the street from Philip Johnson's glass house (http://theglasshouse.org/visit/) and who lived in a house designed by him. It had the same austere, metal, glass & stone construction. One day a group of us kids walked across the street and Mr. Glass invited us into his home & let us check it out, then have a run of his property which included an art gallery built into a hillside and filled with priceless modern art. I was too young and stupid to know what I was looking at!

I am not a fan of all Mid century architecture, but this one is gorgeous. His music room is jaw dropping inspiring.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native