Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Arturia MicroFreak speaks

This is AutomaticGainsay's 10:37 demo "Oscillator types K: Speech." The MicroFreak doesn't fit the right form factor for the way I generally work, but this demo is pushing me towards one a little more. Its a wild-haired mass of happy accidents looking for a place to happen. This oscillator model has some great pitched-sound patches (think crisp vocoder choirs without a mic), but its also a massive Speak & Spell, lacking only a larger word library to make it a truly scary go-to source for verbal synthesis tricks. This guy's series on it is Nick-Batt-quality.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy's series on it is Nick-Batt-quality.

Sorry to have to correct you, David, but you got that backwards -- Nick Batt's stuff is sometimes up to Automatic Gainsay quality. Sometimes.

mike

(friend of Marc Doty) :D

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

This guy's series on it is Nick-Batt-quality.

Sorry to have to correct you, David, but you got that backwards -- Nick Batt's stuff is sometimes up to Automatic Gainsay quality. Sometimes.

mike

(friend of Marc Doty) :D

I freely admit to scanning down during another play later on and upon seeing the venerable Doty name, having a D'OH! moment. Like Craig Anderton or Jack Hotop, Marc is one of those under-sung heroes whose contributions made synths more fun for me and SOONER, too. I spent a lot less time floundering thanks to him. Its always been a pleasure to apply his tips and have them become solid tools. :D:allhail:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese