Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Volume pedal with multiple inputs?

I am playing a Kronos with the normal 2 stereo outputs into my Motion Sound KBR-3D amplifier. I also have a mono output that all my organ patches are routed to in order to plug them into the rotary channel of the Motion Sound amp.

What I need is a volume pedal for live playing that will accept the two stereo plugs and the one mono plug. This kind of pedal may not exist. Any ideas?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I"m sorry if I"m missing something but can you assign the expression pedal to volume on the organ zones? Or you could get a stereo volume pedal .... maybe something like a Boss FV500L and use the expression pedal on the other zones. But I would never run my Kronos trough external volume pedals. I would rig a 2nd expression pedal via MIDI first.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

You want a volume pedal that affects the overall volume of your entire rig? Is there an insert point or FX loop on the Motion Sound amp? You could just patch it in there.(Disclaimer: I don't know if a volume pedal designed for guitar would handle the low-impedance line-level signal).

Or do you want something programmable: "On this patch, it's just an organ expression pedal / On the next patch it crossfades between two Kronos patches / on the last patch it raises the filter cutoff on the sawtooth layer".

Cheers, Mike.

Hmmm, i do this with one pedal. My expression pedal is assigned to cc#11 ( expression) for some patches like organ and horns and is assigned to CC#7 (volume) for other patches that need volume control. You should be able to do the same thing on the Kronos. It's all done via midi.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

If you don't mind an analogue/non-midi solution, maybe a 1980s Morley SLMC-4 would fit the bill. It has four mono inputs and four mono outputs. If I understand your question, it could take your stereo outs as two mono lines, your organ out and you would have one more input/output left over.

I have one myself. Like my other Morley pedals, it was a reliable and solid piece of gear at a time when my setup was a bit more modular. Though it currently sits in semi-retirement, I do want to hang on to it for a while longer. I see that Reverb.com has had some of these for sale in the past, so if it looks like what you need, you might want to start looking.