Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Taylor Swift's Keyboard-Focused Band

Taylor Swift performed on GMA yesterday morning with four keyboardists, a drummer and one guitar player. Quite a statement about the versatility and utility of modern keyboards, and a definite shift away from guitar-centric bands. Trend that will continue?

152.jpg.2c3b8a7f17307420e095cd8282e93088.jpg

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably these guys aren't playing a lot of parts. I had talked to the guy that had a Ventilator that plays with her. I forgot his name.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I'm afraid I tend to find this kind of lineup as boring as keyboardless guitar bands. There will be a lot of sample triggering and the like, and I suspect limited AP/EP/organ.

Now two keys+guitar in a classic rock band, that's a kettle of fish of another colo(u)r.

Cheers, Mike.

Taylor what???

I don't think it has anything at all to do with music, musicality or what's played on the studio track...

...I think it's all about "balance" and "appearance" -- thus having 2 backup singers (on floor) and 3 musicians (on stage) on the left and on the right.

It's so pleasing to the eye............... :crazy:

Old No7

ps: Too bad they all didn't have B3s & Leslies -- I might actually pay to see her just to see that ! ! !

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

I saw a bit of it onscreen in my doc"s reception area (sinus a/b time of year), bass was well covered, and they were all playing with both hands, albeit the front audience-right player also played a percussion pad on one song with his left hand.

Honestly, the thing that captured my attention most was the coordination of the Gibraltar stands, and secondarily a few close-shot glimpses of the nice cable management using Velcro ties.

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

In all seriousness, though I have no use for Taylor"s music, I"m all for employment of keyboard players. May they be fruitful and multiply on the stages of all pop celebrities !

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

The McDonald's of music. Pop is all about ear and eye candy. :cool:

From what I've heard of "pop", its not music. But it is all about ear and eye candy, just as you say.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I find these back and forth snips about age and aged preferences to be amusing.

Its ok to have preferences.

And its ok to criticize commercial pop music you don't care for.

{ OMG, I am not a cool kid }

And I don't mind being teased about it.

I think being 80% cool is good enough- even at my age of 67.

I will take 67 over 17 any day. :D

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I"d rather see 3 Keyboardists than 3 DJs.

Poor thing still hasn"t recovered from the Kanye West incident.

She seems to have evolved from the typically boring mating dances meant to attract men to some sort of prancing around that arouses women.

Pop music is like politics.

Find the pasta that sticks to the wall, then run with that until the polls (not fake PR Firm based reviews) head south.

I use to admire her but now feel sorry for her as she tries to keep Hollywood and her Twitter fans happy.

That will end in therapy of some sort.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic