Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best iOS App with CP-70 and multiple effects?

Looking to re-produce the Edge's sound on "New Year's Day" using a StudioLogic SL73, Korg PlugKey and my iPad for live performance.

There are several apps with good Yamaha CP70 sounds out there, but I need one that has the ability to also give me delay and reverb to achieve that particular sound.

For instance, the Korg Module can do delay OR reverb, but not both.

Not interested in relying on the monitor engineer or FOH to handle this, would like to send them a largely finished product.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, ok. Thanks, gents. I'm assuming I can do either of these and still have other programs (like a mixer) running in the background? Using two apps or routing to another wouldn't eat up too much bandwidth?

In the absence of a piano app that can't do it all, is there a particular app you recommend that has a good CP-70 sound and the routing flexibility discussed above?

I forgot to mention AUM, which is more of a mixer app than Audiobus 3, and will also load Korg Module as an IAA plugin.

AUM has a CPU usage display. I've only seen a couple of apps hit 50% or higher in CPU usage, but CPU bandwidth depends on what iPad model you have. Mine is a 2017 iPad Pro.

Can't help w/ CP-70 sounding apps, sorry.

For electric piano sounds like the CP-70

Check out Korg Module

IKmultimedia iLectric

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ilectricipad/

And of course Apple"s Garage Band for iOS

Th problem with Garageband is that it always responds to input from all MIDI channels.

Another possibility is Colossus with the E-Piano sound set, 5:20 at

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

For electric piano sounds like the CP-70

Check out Korg Module

IKmultimedia iLectric

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ilectricipad/

And of course Apple"s Garage Band for iOS

Th problem with Garageband is that it always responds to input from all MIDI channels.

Another possibility is Colossus with the E-Piano sound set, 5:20 at

Nice share. First I"m seeing Colossus. Now that we (well not me) have iPad Pros with 1TB storage in them and an almost decent amount of RAM the multi-sampled instruments are getting interesting.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

AUM is my go-to. Thanks for the share, Fudd.

OP: Another app you might want to look into is Pure Synth Platinum. I have it: great fx & editing features, and there are a couple of CP70 presets you can mess with and re-save as your own user preset. You need to get used to the GUI, but if you"ve used Neo-Soul Keys, it"s similar, and you know Jamal doesn"t miss a trick.

And it"s AUv3, a lot more useful than IAA.

Here for the gear.

I need to get a thread on AUM going over in the new forum. These new "performance package" apps are letting folks do amazing things in iOS. As Elmer showed, you can build entire mixers with individual MIDI routings, pre and post fader effects, submixing and bussing... neat stuff.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

I need to get a thread on AUM going over in the new forum. These new "performance package" apps are letting folks do amazing things in iOS. As Elmer showed, you can build entire mixers with individual MIDI routings, pre and post fader effects, submixing and bussing... neat stuff.

I had designs on something similar but more general in a thread I began [url:https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2982239/Searchpage/1/Main/195947/Words/iPad/Search/true/ios-as-a-custom-multitimbral-alternative-to-hardware#Post2982239] here... [/url]

I"d like to see something in Computer Lab :thu:

Here for the gear.