Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rolling Stones Mag Interview

Hi members :)

Was just thinking, what it would be like to interview some great musician, and thought up too make this topic. (please dont get in my head, you will only get lost LOL )

So what would it be like if Rolling Stones Magazine came here and Interviewed us? How would you answer, what would you say? I made a template, in case you want to copy n paste. This is also just for fun, nothing else. We might learn each other better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolling Stone Magazine Interview

What kind of instrument(s) do you play, and for how long?:

Do you feel that play well with them?:

Is their any other instrument that you would like to learn and play?:

How serious of a player, do you consider yourself?"

Where do you want to be musically? And are you there already?:

Do you have any regrets musically?:

What is the most frustrating thing you've dealt with, in your journey within the music world?:

Every musician has someone they admire. Who do you admire and why?:

Similar to the last question, is their anyone musically that you don't care for and why?:

If you could turn back time, is their anything that you would change about what you did or not done:

Is there a song(s) that you've absolutely loved working on and why?:

Also, is there a song(s) that you've absolutely hated working on and why?:

Do you have any advise for new musicians that are just starting out?:

If I was too call security, and have you removed from this interview, would you go peacefully, or would we need security?:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instrumental Rock, is the only way to go

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolling Stone Magazine Interview

What kind of instrument(s) do you play, and for how long?: I play guitar, and used to play some piano/keyboard when I was younger

Do you feel that play well with them?: Well I did throw a soccer ball at my guitar and it didnt give it back, so no we dont play well LOL. As far as musically, I always want to get further. Keep learning it.

Is their any other instrument that you would like to learn and play?: Is the Kazoo an option? Just kidding. The bass and drums. It always seems to be the two, that prevent me from finishing a song, if I dont have those players available

How serious of a player, do you consider yourself?" Outside music, I take things in stride and humor. Get me in the studio, Im so serious, Im about ready to give birth. And to make matters worse, when Im stumped on an area or an idea I walk around with a cigarette as if I AM waiting in the maternity ward.

Where do you want to be musically? And are you there already?: Im comfortable where I am. I dont care if I could be the next EVH, I dont want to be famous. I do this all for fun.

Do you have any regrets musically?: Theres a few. One is not getting my tracks uploaded for online storage. Ive lost music 3 times already, and today was that third time.

What is the most frustrating thing you've dealt with, in your journey within the music world?: Getting a project complete, cause you might need that one guitar peddle, or maybe your looking for a certain vocal voice style, and noone meets that kind of voice.

Every musician has someone they admire. Who do you admire and why?: Its gotta be Joe Satriani. I loved and still do Eddie Van Halen, but no one put me in the drivers seat like Joe Satriani. Once I realized that instrumental rock exists, and he pretty much is the captain of that boat, my music went from 5 MPH to 160 MPH in 2 seconds. I owe it too him.

Similar to the last question, is their anyone musically that you don't care for and why?: I wouldnt say anyone in particular as so to speak, but more of an attitude. I hate the musician who acts like his/her shit doesnt stink. As much as I love EVH and his work, he has an arrogancy about him. For an example, when VH was on I believe the David Letterman show, they performed their "Not Enough" song from the "Balance" CD Even though we know Eddie wrote and recorded the opening piano, when he was on stage, he played this, well knowing Al from the Letterman show, is just as talented, was waiting. Eddie opened on piano, and once Eddie was on guitar, Al then does the piano. The whole song by piano should of been done by Al. But Eddie is 'self-serving' anyhow.

If you could turn back time, is their anything that you would change about what you did or not done: Would of definitely not talked to that undercover cop outside that concert,,,oh wait, you mean musically? Definitely would of been lessons. I regret not having them. I also regret my radio stations not playing Satriani. A place like Boston, you would think we would of had access to Satch in early 80's didnt hear of him a later time.

Is there a song(s) that you've absolutely loved working on and why?: Yes, one of them Im in the process of finishing, called "Energy" I have a couple of others but I found that track 3 days prior. Some of my music has taken weeks or months to complete. Energy has to be one of the shortest Ive worked on

Also, is there a song(s) that you've absolutely hated working on and why?: Damn it all RSM we dont have all day LOL. There was this one song, I think its called "Miss You" which I believe I had the demo on my youtube. But anyway, Im working with a legit sound producer, Danny Danzi, and him and I are talking. Long story short, Im to make this quick demo, and he would come back, add REAL drums ,and bass. Everyone knows I cant stand electronic drums. But he needed something to work with. So Im writing this song, and it has a kind of catchy melody. Problem was, I got this 8 second melody stuck in my head. Im not talking just stuck, it was like a case of hemorrhoids. I ate, it was there. I had coffee, it was there, store run, it was there. An 8 second melody, that just looped over and over. By the time it was day 4 or something, I got a hold of him, and said "F" this Im done!!!!!! LMAO. He says "Dave relax whats wrong". I says "Danny my song is driving me crazy. I cant even shit without hearing it." He says, "what about the $200 you sent me?" I says "keep it, buy coffee for yourself." HAHAHAHAHAH Damn, I'll never forget, how I was 5 minutes short of needing a straight jacket after that. What a moment.

Do you have any advise for new musicians that are just starting out?: Yes, dont eat yellow snow. WAIT thats for me. Um for them, yes, Dont look down on yourself. Everyone has hard and rough times. Their isnt a musician ever, thats found it easy. To give up and quite, and only tells you, that you will never see your full potential. The only bad musician, is the one who quits.

If I was too call security, and have you removed from this interview, would you go peacefully, or would we need security?: Ohhhhh damn RSM, Only if tazers are involved. Im due for a good shock about right now LMAO :)

PS: My nightmare song "Miss You" LOL. That melody that got me crazy starts at 0:13 seconds, and ends at 0:28 seconds :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instrumental Rock, is the only way to go

David, I like the questions and getting prepared for my Rolling Stone interview next month.

Is it ok if I borrow some of your answers ?

I can also ask my agent for his input

Sometimes, I am lazy with paperwork. ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

HAHAH Ya no prob. And if you would, Id like to see your interview when the time comes. :)

good, I am glad you are cool with copy/paste ;)

I might bomb the interview if they take a photo.

I don't have any tattoos. I might buy a ' San Quentin ' prison tattoo sticker on Amazon.

I use to have an Alcatraz tattoo but that was 60 years ago and it has faded

:D

[70's Songwriter]

I don't have any tattoos. I might buy a ' San Quentin ' prison tattoo sticker on Amazon.

Thats awesome!!! LOL Try to go with one of those scratch-n-sniff ones. Like new inmate-but scent :)

dam, you have good idea, brother ! I wouldn't have thought that 'secret scent ' would help my career.

I am learning what it takes to be a YouTuber

;)

[70's Songwriter]