Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all. We'll do our very best to make this a great resource... see my sticky post about what I hope to accomplish here.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Dr. Mike,

I've just hit a milestone 4,000 posts on KC but I've been holding off, wondering what's the next "one" gonna be.

I'm happy to say that this post is IT.

Given my recent resolve to go forward using only iOS/OS as the guts of my rig, COMPUTER LAB is the best news in a long time! Already the thread on LINK has opened my eyes, and I can't wait for more mind expanding topics and discussions.

New beginnings. Here we go.

Here for the gear.

Welcome, Mike!

Computers... amirite?

McConnon?!

Man, they'll let ANYONE in here, won't they? ;)

But yeah, computers... that is EXACTLY why I set this forum up. Looking forward to helping all kinds of folks with all kinds of issues. My main specialties will be iOS and macOS, and I really REALLY need to find someone with good Windows music chops to help out in that area. The Windows platform has its own unique advantages and challenges, and the Lab will be way more useful if we can populate it with folks who can help with authority.

And thanks, everyone, for the great feedback so far. We're off to a good steady start and I hope we'll pick up momentum steadily from here on out.

mike

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Welcome and well-met. Glad to have y' aboard; with your assistance, I just may be able to get somewhere here with these computerators and get wit the 20th Century, in spite of myself... Thank you in advance.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Welcome and well-met. Glad to have y' aboard; with your assistance, I just may be able to get somewhere here with these computerators and get wit the 20th Century, in spite of myself... Thank you in advance.

Thankee.

My motto here is the same as it was during the 23 years I was at RECORDING Magazine: if I can't help you myself, I'll see if I can find someone who can. (And hopefully, this forum will get well-established enough so that I won't be the only one offering assistance!)

mike

Just a short message to say welcome to the new forum.

I am a professional software guy, with a good background in computer science and computer architecture, and a past in computer music.

Why this do not actually help you to know which f**g cable need to go in which connector, or exactly on which button you should click,

it may be very helpful to have long useless conversation on the philosophy of technology and market evolutions :->.

I'll stick around.

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

Just a short message to say welcome to the new forum.

I am a professional software guy, with a good background in computer science and computer architecture, and a past in computer music.

Why this do not actually help you to know which f**g cable need to go in which connector, or exactly on which button you should click,

it may be very helpful to have long useless conversation on the philosophy of technology and market evolutions :->.

I'll stick around.

Maurizio

Glad to have you here, Maurizio. Just like every other forum in MPN, the more knowledgeable people we have helping out, the faster things will grow and the more people can get the right help faster.

mike

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome doc. I just started migrating over to IOS music apps after I purchased the iPad Air 2019. Still have plenty of hardware but for jam sessions I"m enjoying just bringing a workstation and the iPad.

Oh, you're in for a treat! Word of advice: they get to be like potato chips after a while... you can't have just one more, and you end up buying twenty of them because that's less money than what you pay for one good Mac/PC plugin... and then you have to learn them all enough to decide which ones to keep and which ones to delete because you feel they don't work for you at the moment (although they're always instantly available to download from your App Store account if you change your mind -- assuming the vendor hasn't gone out of business and deleted them, which occasionally happens.)

And the costs can add up. On my active music-making / music-app-testing iPad, I have roughly 250 apps plus in-app purchases... I've probably spent a couple thousand dollars over the past nine years, but I never felt it because it was very rare that an individual purchase was more than ten bucks. The death of a thousand cuts! :D

mike