Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT New here

DavidFord

Hi Peeps :)

I did read the rules and placed OT in title. So if this is not allowed, I apologize, you can delete and tazer me at will. :hitt: My name is David, im 47 from Boston Massachusetts (hey no making fun of me :blush: ) and been playing guitar most of my life. I did put my guitar down the last few years, and just recently picked it back up. I focus mostly in the instrumental rock category, but always willing to step out on occasion. My main idol Is Joe Satriani, as hes given me the most inspiration of all guitarists. Instrumental rock for guys that cant sing (ME LOL) so I guess thats why Joe has given me, my place musically.

I wont claim to be much, as Ive never had a lesson in my life. So if you guys throw crazy scales at me, I wont have an idea what you mean. Im sure ive played those scales, just dont know its name. :) I'll try to participate the best I can. I also have a demented sense of humor. So dont always take me serious :D

Instrumental Rock, is the only way to go

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome DavidFord, relax, we are not too picky around here. I play mostly minor and major pentatonic scales mixed in with some full major and minor scales, mostly blues rock. I am as uneducated a musician as you can get. I took about 10 lessons from 2 great teachers the late Emily Remler. And Bob Aslanian, whose claim to fame is as Al DeMeola's guitar teacher. But in the end I stuck with blues and blues rock.

Welcome aboard David Ford! I have a theory that the players that claim they never needed scales actually do play them and just don't know they are doing it LOL! You, on the other hand recognize that you have been playing the same intervals without knowing the names of the scales or the theory behind them which is a major/minor step in the right direction IMHO...It's good to have you on board and you gave us the kind of intro we like to see (i.e. telling us a little bit about yourself!). :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Thank you Larryz. One of my biggest personality traits was honesty. In my earlier days, I used to come off as the next Eddie Van Halen. Thought I knew it all. Only to find out, I didnt know sh**. It took a really great guitar player to put me in my place. Hard lesson? Yes. But a very needed one. Now I have no problem, inspiring other guitar players, and taking a back seat and enjoying their work. I think we all need a reminder, that the only bad guitar player, is a player who quits. So I didnt want to come on here acting all that and then some :D

HAHAHA Thank you Larryz. Im sure the more time I spend I here, you guys will do just the same for me.

Caevan, I'll be honest with you. The only one I knew there was Joe. But what an amazing treat youve just given me with the video. Im not sure, but my take on the video, is we have 3 different backgrounds. The vocals sound as if she does alternative, the trumpet sounds to me like the great Chuck Manjione (jazz) and Satch. The song was wonderfully done, as all three backgrounds blend together as one. This was great!! :)

Welcome, David! :wave: Hope you find the forum enjoyable and informative. I have since 2003. There are a lot of great folks here!

~Rod

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Welcome aboard David.

This board is one of the friendlier boards on line, and most of everyone is laidback.

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

Hi Peeps :)

I did read the rules and placed OT in title. So if this is not allowed, I apologize, you can delete and tazer me at will. :hitt: My name is David, im 47 from Boston Massachusetts (hey no making fun of me :blush: ) and been playing guitar most of my life. I did put my guitar down the last few years, and just recently picked it back up. I focus mostly in the instrumental rock category, but always willing to step out on occasion. My main idol Is Joe Satriani, as hes given me the most inspiration of all guitarists. Instrumental rock for guys that cant sing (ME LOL) so I guess thats why Joe has given me, my place musically.

I wont claim to be much, as Ive never had a lesson in my life. So if you guys throw crazy scales at me, I wont have an idea what you mean. Im sure ive played those scales, just dont know its name. :) I'll try to participate the best I can. I also have a demented sense of humor. So dont always take me serious :D

What took you so long ? j/k. :D

You have excellent chops, brother !

Let me know if you need help or advice with fame and/or fortune ;)

I know someone that knows someone that might know someone

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

What took you so long ? j/k. grin

The bus was late. I waited and waited so I finally walked :D

You have excellent chops, brother !

Thank you Greg!

Let me know if you need help or advice with fame and/or fortune

I know someone that knows someone that might know someone

You know Chef Ramsay? NICE!!! :P Thanks Again Greg!!

Hello and welcome DavidFord

Thank you for your kind commemts about my injury.

As a quick background, I am a singer songwriter guitarist, and I perform with a kind of

theatrical group in Tokyo. Pleasure to meet you.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Hello and welcome DavidFord

Thank you for your kind commemts about my injury.

As a quick background, I am a singer songwriter guitarist, and I perform with a kind of

theatrical group in Tokyo. Pleasure to meet you.

You are very welcome slipclone! Dont like too see any musician go through that. Just getting a paper cut, can make playing tough. I wish that on nobody. Oh nice, what kind of music do you perform in Tokyo? Is a pleasure to meet you too. :)

PS: Im liking your "Crystal Eyes" song!! Real nice work there. Superb guitar leads in it!! :)

Hi David

It's a little complicated-as a guitarist

I do originals and covers. For the other gig I usually do the pop charts. I`m not a hip hop fan but I like EDM. I sing over backing tracks.

Thanks very much for checking out my songs-`Crystal Eyes` officially got stuck in a friend`s head eariler this yearâº. For that song, I deliberately slowed down and tried to play tastefully rather than just fast.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491