Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For them what's in the Southeast and want a new set of keys

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I"d grab it just for the Roll-R-Carry in the 4th picture.

AGO pedalboard and backrest,,,,,,nice touches.

Jakepp

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Yeah, that backrest caught my eye, too. I don't recall ever seeing anything like that.

Wonder if it comes with a seat belt.

I know nothing about the model, but with a current draw of 300W, I'm assuming it's tubed. That ought to count for something.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Actually, it is an early (1980) digital instrument, but there are a LOT of electronics in it. Even transistorized (plus ICs for the computer section), still a good current draw. No internal power amplifiers nor speakers - usually two 3 way speaker sets, with 15" woofers, one for flutes, other for principals, plus a third 15" and smaller speakers for the pedal channel. Would make a very good controller for something like Hauptwerk software also. It does have a couple of 32' pedal stops, also. Very good for playing liturgical or traditional church music. Old enough to be real wood - no particle board.

Most likely has separate line level outputs for swell, great, and pedals at a minimum, possibly some other channels for celestes, principals, flutes.

Rodgers had some models with the backrest on the bench. Really great if you are the organist for multiple services and need somewhere you can get at least a bit comfortable for a good while.

Allen was very closed to any outsider servicers, but I did work on some older models. Mostly worked on Rodgers, their main competitor.

I used to have a full console Baldwin organ (in a mobile home) years ago with the full 32 note AGO pedal board. Would be kind of nice to have, but nowhere to put it - already have a Baldwin grand, and definitely not enough room for organ also.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

And for those who might want something slightly smaller:

Lowery HR-10

This one's probably stuffed to the gills with cheesy voices, but I thought I'd toss it into the mix just for fun. I have to admit that I kinda like the styling on the bench, though.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.