Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kronos: "Not Enough Song Locations Available"

Of course the Korg Forums seem to be down at the moment.

I have 3 songs in a SNG and just want to add 1 more. The one I want to add is only 24k file size. When I try to append it to the 3 songs loaded already, I get the message in the title. I only have 3 songs loaded and this would make 4. I have other SNG files with dozens of songs with no problem.

Any ideas?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you didn't define the first 2 Songs- that might be a factor.

While Songs should stream from DISK, you might be running into a RAM limit.

for example, if your K is loaded with 3rd part samples, some RAM is needed to push

the files around. Just an idea.

Save your first 2 Songs as a SEQ file on Disk. Then reboot- load that SNG , select Clear.

Then work in Song #3. And save it to your SONG file.

In my mind, this sounds like a work around and it should not be needed but

the work around might get you by.

Likely there is better expert advice.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

The 1st 3 songs are already saved as a SNG file. I want to add a 4th, which I've saved as a separate SNG file. I've done it this way in the past. Load the SNG file that has my songs (which line up with my setlist). Load the new song using Append so it puts it in the next available slot, and resave the whole thing as a new SNG file that now contains all the songs. As I said, the new song is only 24k (not meg, k as in kilo). When I look in global I have plenty of memory. I have not purchased any sound sets. I have some samples I did myself but all of those load fine.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I hear you. I would not want to back up the truck and baby step your song file process.

Wild guess that your K is 'reserving ' more RAM memory since you have some custom samples in S000, and S001

When I record to DISK there is always that 1 Gig RAM limit. Thus " DISK " has to be selected.

Possibly check that SEQ page that involved Saving and recording . DISK should be selected.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I figured it out. Even though there was only one song in the second SNG file, in disk mode you have to navigate inside the SNG file by clicking "open" then select the song there and hit load. I guess it was trying to load a bunch of empty songs into all of the slots instead of just the one song that was in the file.

Dan