Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alternate Transformer for Mojo61

I love my Mojo, but I'm so sick of the power supply. It's on the upper tier or the stand, and the little cable isn't quite long enough to go to the ground, so I have to prop it somewhere (i usually secure it to a part of the stand mid-way). I really wish I had an alternate power supply with a much longer cable run. I don't care about the standardized "8" shaped plug on the other side, that's fine, it's the one directly attached to the box that's a Pain in the Butt. Is there any way I could order a longer one, or am I going to have to snip and solder a longer wire on this one?

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Drives me nuts. (Just bought the lower manual last week.) Been thinking about a small piece of Velcro on the back of the keyboard.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Never seen one of those, but that would certainly be a possibility. I like it!

Thanks!!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Just additional tidbits.

I"ve powered multiple devices (typically wireless mic receivers or IEM transmitters) from a single power supply by purchasing power splitter cables (e.g., one PS output to 2 or 3 power inputs. Of course, the voltage of each device and the total amperage of all connected devices has to be consistent with the specs of the PS.

I"ve also replaced the figure 8 cord with an adapter that has figure 8 plug on one side and two prong plug (120 volt-US) on the other for plugging the PS into a power strip without all that extra cord.

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Not sure if this is an option for you but if you watch this video someone has purchased a lithium battery that the Mojo runs off of; this keeps direct power to the Mojo, protects against electrical swings and a comment by Guido suggests that the battery can "theoretically" support the Mojo for 10 hours.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/962387123793409/permalink/1730868496945264/

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band