Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reading posts on I-phone X

Hello and congratulations on the new revised look Keyboard Corner.

My preference is to follow KC threads on my I-Phone X, but when I open a thread, for a split second the text layout is justified in portrait mode. Then it quickly, goes to a wide-column landscape mode, where I have to turn my phone sideways in order to read each post without thumbing my way from side to side. I hope I'm describing this adequately.

Is there a way for configuring the way KC displays posts on my I-Phone X per user?

Thank you.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always viewed the forum in landscape mode on my phone including the old forum. I don't know how you would squeeze in the side bare with the profile info and still have anough room for the text without it being like 5 words per line or something. Of course maybe that depends on your font size and age, lol, once you get to be in your 40s and older, that becomes an issue.

The way I see it, to work portrait on a phone it would almost have to be a different site for mobile with a smaller or no header image, greatly reduced profile section, probably with no avatar, and word wrap. Landscape seems to work well for me, other than the fact that since the new forum, the header image is just a little wide so that I now have to scroll side to side just a little, but not much. I scroll to the right to put the profiles off screen a little and can read the text without scrolling side to side. That's with an older iPhone...I think 6

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

It looks like the advertising banner at the top of the page is set to a fixed width of 728px and isn't being resized like the Music Player Network banner is. As a result, the user has to scroll left/right to see the content if their browser is less than 728px wide. Maybe there's a setting in the ad-generating plug-in that could fix the issue.

http://cdn.revive-adserver.net/7b366fe05453b76d9c543e1e66d9dfd1.jpg

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

I've had the same problem since the migration, and it is seriously impacting on my enjoyment of the forum. I can't really understand why it seems to load properly for about 3 seconds, and then reverts to the new wider resolution format that extends beyond the edge of the screen.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8