Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Curiously poor engineering choice for Mojo61

I took my Mojo61 into the shop because the L/R jacks were getting a bit touchy. Turns out it was mostly a solder problem that was easily fixable. However, the tech noticed a very peculiar design decisions that could be very hard on the board in the long term. The main computer board is very precariously attached to the box, and is floating in space. The only thing keeping it on are the plastic nuts that hold the jacks on. Over time, vibration and use could put stress on the connections. It's strange because it would have been such an easy problem to fix: as simple riser coming off the bottom of the box with a long screw would have secured the unit FAR more securely, and would have taken 3 more minutes to install. He offered to do a modification on it, and I think I'll take him up on it, as it looks like a very worrisome design flaw. This also means that the jacks and plugs are getting a lot more play over time, which probably contributed to the wear & tear connection issues I was having. While he was at it, he's also offered to install the power supply inside the chassis, which I DEFINITELY want to do.

The Mojo61 is an amazing unit, he was very impressed with the basic hardware used, it's all name-brand high-end components. But from an engineering stand-point, the board is kind of haphazardly put together.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic