Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BEATO: TOP 20 KEYBOARD INTROS OF ALL TIME

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Toto's Hold The Line piano intro didn't make the list...or even an honourable mention?

I'm surprised...

No, wait...I'm shocked.

Oh well...

Maybe it'll make the top twenty songs everyone plays when testing out a keyboard in their local music store.

Van Halen's Right Now would make to my list instead of Jump but I suppose Jump is more "viral"

Agreed, or I'll Wait since the intro doesn't repeat anywhere else in the song. :confused: At the beginning of the video they agreed they prefer intros that lead into the song without repeating later. For that reason I'm surprised to hear Jump on that list, considering the opening 4 bar riff carries about 70% of the tune! :laugh: But yeah, it was the bigger hit, especially in the keyboard department of music stores! :redwall:

Actually, I don't envy anyone trying to narrow down this list to only 20 since there are so many good candidates. And so few people who would agree with the entire list! :laugh:

><>

Steve

Why not Final Countdown, or even What"s Love Got To Do With It. Or even Mr. Roboto or Angry Young Man?
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Angry Young Man was included in the video.

I think he's referring to Styx "Fooling Yourself."

I'd also agree with "The Final Meltdown Countdown", plus add two more: "Silent Running" by Mike & the Mechanics, and "Live to Tell" by Madonna.

That's just the beginning... :laugh:

This has always been a favorite by Renaissance, although they didn't write the intro. It's from Debussy's 'La Cathédrale engloutie.'

[video:youtube]

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I'd have gone with Funeral for a Friend instead of Don't Let the Sun.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

These lists never jibe with everyone's preferences, but I was mostly griped by how long the video was and how leisurely the pace of discussion was before and during the demonstrations. Then I remembered...YouTube's compensation algorithm is based partially on minutes of content. So all that shoot-the-sh*t time before each example, is them padding their total. Probably why they went with 20, too.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I enjoy most of the Rick Beato videos I watch. I just skip the ones I don't find interesting.

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

A few more worthy ones....

Money for Nothing

Synchronicity

Fanfare for the Common Man

Funeral for a Friend

Where the Streets Have No Name

No Woman No Cry

The Camera Eye

The Way It Is

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

These lists never jibe with everyone's preferences, but I was mostly griped by how long the video was and how leisurely the pace of discussion was before and during the demonstrations. Then I remembered...YouTube's compensation algorithm is based partially on minutes of content. So all that shoot-the-sh*t time before each example, is them padding their total. Probably why they went with 20, too.
I enjoy most of the Rick Beato videos I watch. I just skip the ones I don't find interesting.

I tend to enjoy Beato's shorter videos. The long 30m+ livestreams are too tedious for me. ("Hi everybody, I'm gonna, just, uh, oh hi Randy what's up, OK so I'm just gonna, uh, um, wait a second, somebody says I'm too quiet? Is that better? Oh hi Taylor what's up" for 5 mins).

Cheers, Mike.