Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Aspen Pittman

I'm sorry to inform you guys that Aspen Pitman was killed in an automobile accident yesterday.

Aspen and I worked together for many years starting with the VIPre when we put it out through Alesis all the way through the Space Station.

He made more than a few very cool products, and left his mark on many people's lives.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Aspen ... good guy ... i was an early adopter and I bought the Spacestation V3 when it was first released a couple years ago (I have one of the first batches) and emailed him a tech question and he gave me his cell number to call him so we could chat ... yeah, his CELL number! Who does that? Thanks for your great products and support ... you will be missed ...

Kurzweil Forte,Roland Fantom 6,Hydrasynth,Numa C2X, SpaceStation V.3, other stuffs

How very sad! He was a good guy and always fun to talk to. He'll definitely be missed.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Sad news. Never met him, didn't have any of his products. But followed his postings. RIP, Sir.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Ugh. Wow.

I met him and toured the studio, listened to demos in the control room, saw a hush-hush early prototype for the larger SS, and left with a shiny new SS3 straight from the maker before some of the preorders even shipped to regular buyers. He was in regular contact before and after, always checking in if he was coming down this way to see if I was playing somewhere.

Damn.

Wow.

Anyone know what happened?

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Sad news, RIP Aspen

As guitar being my secondary instrument I took an interest in his books on vacuum tubes to optimize my guitar amps.

His speaker emulator was a novel device designed for guitar players but I exploited in my Rhodes signal chain. I met Aspen at NAMM 2016 and related my use for his emulator.

His products may have been targeted to guitar players but I found uses for them in keyboards.

So so sorry to hear this. A reminder that a life can be lost in an instant. What a shame.....such a likable guy the couple times I chatted with him at NAMM. And as the Real MC said, I also enjoyed his books on tubes and amps. In the days before the internet, his books were a revelation and fountain of knowledge.

Norm from Norman's Rare Guitars posted a brief remembrance on his YouTube Channel. It also mentions a bit more info on his accident...they were apparently longtime friends.

Oh crap! Wow. I have pretty much the exact same story MOI, I picked up a SSV3 at his studio and he said I had the 2nd one in LA. This was when the first run was still stuck in China. We must have seen him within weeks if not days of each other. Damn, damn, damn... Yep, live every day like it's your last because it just may be.

Wonder who's taking over now? Whoever it is is probably not the energetic promoter he was. I can't say he was a friend but when I saw him he was fun to be around, RIP buddy.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Tragic news....I am in shock. Aspen was a great guy and the soul of integrity!

He will be missed! Condolences to his family....

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Shocked and saddened to hear. Aspen was always one of the people I most looked forward to catching up with at NAMM and other trade shows. It reminds me to take no one for granted, however huge they seem.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Oh no! This saddens me. He was such a cool guy. His studio was near me and we were going to get together a bit down the road. What a tragedy.

RIP, and condolences to his family and close ones.

For those of us still here, this could be any of us at any time without warning.

PianoManChuck

Authorized reseller: Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord, iLoud, Viscount

Keyboard Reviews +

Similar experience here, when I had a problem with the V3, we had a number of phone conversations, top notch customer service! I suppose it would have made it too expensive, but with his knowledge of tubes it would have been cool to have a Drive knob on the V3.

Must be shocking for his family, there one day, gone the next.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Just echoing the above, a good 4 years after I got my amp, Aspen took time to help with an issue I was having with it, even following up to make sure the guidance he gave fixed the problem.

Rare breed.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com