Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEW FORUM: Bugs?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if it has already been said but, the "MusicPlayerNetwork" logo being in fixed size prevents the correct resizing of the template.

you'd have to add

#content.fw center img {width: 100%; max-width: 847px;}

to make it work properly.

Wurlitzer 200A, Steinmann upright and numerous electronic disposable instrumentsâ¦

sorry if it has already been said but, the "MusicPlayerNetwork" logo being in fixed size prevents the correct resizing of the template.

you'd have to add

#content.fw center img {width: 100%; max-width: 847px;}

to make it work properly.

Thx! Will make sure Jim sees it.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

One of my computers has AVG antivirus and I'm getting this:

http://www.ohbrotherstl.com/Pics/AVG1.jpg

followed by this:

http://www.ohbrotherstl.com/Pics/AVG2.jpg

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I've run into a number of threads over the past few years where MalwareBytes Premium would block a site like the first picture, most likely a site hosting someone's avatar picture. Haven't yet run into it on the main forum site. I was using AVG, but now (on Win 10) use Microsoft's AV and MalwareBytes Premium - has worked out well.

Usually when I see the avatar site problem, I post in the thread so that whoever is using an avatar hosted at that site can move their avatar elsewhere.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I'm back to UBBT70. I missed the bolding of newly updated topics in ubbthreads and ubbcentral (and ubbcentral also suffered from a hard to read--insufficient line spacing?--typeface for paragraphs and the loss of some helpful visual elements). Your new default is still the most pleasing, but there's just too much white space. I don't mean too white in a sense that could be addressed with a dark theme, I mean just too much screen area with no useful content, so there is an inordinate amount of scrolling on small screens like my Macbook Air or iPad. It would be nice if UBBT70's main thread page could be tightened up some (those other ubb themes show many more threads on the screen at once, at least in part because easy visual topic differentiation is accomplished by underlining rather than somewhat thick dividers), but at least it's still better than the new default.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

It seems like I'm having posts getting marked as read and I have not seen them. I didn't see J. Dan's thread about his bandmate's death until just now, and I know I've been here in between. I didn't see his reply to my reply on his Stairway thread until I looked for it. It was way down, and marked as read.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job on the conversion / migration! Not a bug, but a ques and a request..

1. What does the bolding of the first 5-10 messages mean? (you probably explained that somewhere, sorry for the repeat)

2. Would it be blasphemy to suggest change the top of the page - by putting the garage sale and shameless plugs as hyperlinks (next to Search, Forum Help)? That way, the main forum would rise to the top and occupy the prime screen real estate?

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Bug report (this is technical stuff):

I subscribed to the Keyboard Corner RSS feed located at https://forums.musicplayer.com/cache/rss18.xml

The file is invalid XML though, because of this part in the code:

Looks can be deceiving ( a Leslie story )
Math&Music

The & character should be encoded as

&

The file being invalid, my feed reader cannot parse it and displays an error message. This is a bug in the forum software, I don't know if fixable here or should I report to the vendor.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Just want to take the opportunity from a daily reader and occasional poster to thank Dave and crew for all the fantastic upgrades taking place. I've never enjoyed my visits to the forum as much as I have in the past month or so.

And a quick test if Hungarian characters work now after the charset switch:

áéíóúöüÅű

YESSSSS!

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone else having issues with embedded video not loading on the forum? I assumed it was user error yesterday, but now I'm seeing a number of embedded YouTube vids absent from some threads, when they'd been active before. Same issue on multiple browsers.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Is anyone else having issues with embedded video not loading on the forum? I assumed it was user error yesterday, but now I'm seeing a number of embedded YouTube vids absent from some threads, when they'd been active before. Same issue on multiple browsers.

Same here. I did a number of tests using preview. No joy.

The style UBBT70_Dark does not show many images (emojis and the like). Perhaps it is the directory reference "default_dark". I checked some other styles that show the images. They use "default'.

UBBT70 - Light ... roll

UBBT70 - Dark ... roll

Minor bug - the Post Reply button makes it look like you can reply to Announcements, but when you try you get rejected. Maybe hide this when replies are disallowed.

I'm hip - I found that out a few days ago.

The issue is that those are created as just a regular post in a forum (they're all in FORUM NEWS, then you enable it as a Global Announcement. Part of me wanted to try putting a Poll in the Dark Mode Global I just put up - I wonder what would happen there.

dB

Any chance of adding .pdf to attachment options?

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

The https: conversion is what screwed all the videos up. The embeds are all http...

There's a way for everyone to adjust their browser, I hear...but that's a pain, especially for newcomers.

Also, the security has slowed the site down.

I believe we may just turn it off rather than have issues with 20 years worth of embeds, and have to deal with new ones working and old ones not, etc. Jim's looking into it.

dB