Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Omnisphere 2.6 Live

I"m having lots of fun with a Omnisphere/Keyscape but not finding many answers to questions.

I email support and it takes 2 days for them to tell you your question, and not a very elaborate one, to be passed along to the 'Team' to find an answer.

It"s such a great piece of software I can complain about slow support.

Hopefully somebody here knows what consists of an Omnisphere Project?

The reason I ask is I use patches live, no multi, no stack, no live modes because they aren"t really 'live' enough for me.

I don"t touch a screen or a mouse once the music starts.

I know MIDI Learn Assignments can be saved per Multi.

You simply need to call up a multi and there you have your 8 parts and AUXs, etc.

A waste of CPU Cycles for me, I don"t need all of that.

I want a simple patch to be recalled, and have a MIDI Learn Assignments Template/Folder for that particular patch.

I can"t get an answer so have decided to speak to people who actually use this software live.

FWIW I like automating ADSR, LFO, Parts volumes, FX parameters, Filter parameters, etc.

So you see these assignments can"t be carried over to each patch as you might change the FX being used, or want different LFOs for each patch doing different chores.

I have a Strymon Big Sky for Reverb, I don"t need a CPU killing Omnisphere Reverb that sounds weak any way.

But there"s really good Vibrato, Tremolo, Selina Chorus, Chorus/Delay, etc.

Example.

A deadly Modulation common with Prince Bruno Mars, etc. That synth organ sound with deep Vibrato.

I use an LFO assigned to Pitch Coarse.

But I also assign Unison detune, and the Analog Vibrato in the FX section.

I want big ass Modulations, multiple actually while detuning.

It"s a great effect but I then have to keep the same FX and MIDI Assignments for each patch.

They"re killing me Smalls.

My goal is to have a template per patch of assignments.

This isn"t an oddball question.

Nobody seems to know how to do this unless you crate different Multis which just wastes incredible amount of resources.

Anybody use this like me?

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use it in a VST host, a "scene" that can be recalled via program change should be able to do everything you're describing. I used Forte when I was gigging with a laptop. They're out of business now, but there are other very good hosts available.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

True but I use Bidule because it"s my Controller that has all the Scenes.

But still a scene wouldn"t automate FX in Omnisphere and assign controllers to each separate effect.

For example, I don"t always use the same FX in Omni patches, so when you assign a controller to say Amount slider in FX slot 1 to Chorus/Delay, it remembers a position in the FX Slot, not the actual effect. So if the next Patch has the Vintage EQ the very first knob would be turning baecause it"s the position in the FX Slot.

But as far as LFO, ADSR, Cutoff, Gain per part and various rates goes, those can be maintained per patch.

But you could just have swappable effects like the Analog Vibrato and Analog Tremolo have no amount slider, but a Rate and Depth knob in the same place.

So keeping any effect with a similar layout in FX slot one would work.

I could just use a multi per each song, and that"s considered a project in Omni speak, so I get a Template for each Multi.

It"s a big waste of resources though, and that"s after disabling the AUX channels.

Still waiting for Support get back to me.

Hardware synths usually have lots of SysEx tricks not known to the public. 3rd Party devs usually figure these out.

Hopefully I can just use a SysEx String, Bank and Prgm Chng message.

If I get good news I"ll pass it along.

Otherwise it"s a Multi per song.

Just use 1 slot of the 8 available.

Cheerz

But still a scene wouldn"t automate FX in Omnisphere and assign controllers to each separate effect...

Well, in a sense it would. The beauty of a VST host is that, at least in the case of Forte, but I assume in all of them (Gig Performer, Cantible, Mainstage, etc.) a scene can take the input of a control message and reroute it to whatever controller you want. In that setting, you don't change your controller setup, you just let the host decide what each slider / knob / pedal is assigned to per patch. However..... most people I know (including me) that use a Laptop live subscribe to the idea of loading samples when you set up & not loading during the show. On an old Core2Duo machine, I ran two instances of Omnisphere with all 8 parts filled up in each. The idea of calling up a scene between songs that starts loading samples (or patches in Omnisphere) would make me a little nervous. YMMV.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

But still a scene wouldn"t automate FX in Omnisphere and assign controllers to each separate effect...

Well, in a sense it would. The beauty of a VST host is that, at least in the case of Forte, but I assume in all of them (Gig Performer, Cantible, Mainstage, etc.) a scene can take the input of a control message and reroute it to whatever controller you want. In that setting, you don't change your controller setup, you just let the host decide what each slider / knob / pedal is assigned to per patch. However..... most people I know (including me) that use a Laptop live subscribe to the idea of loading samples when you set up & not loading during the show. On an old Core2Duo machine, I ran two instances of Omnisphere with all 8 parts filled up in each. The idea of calling up a scene between songs that starts loading samples (or patches in Omnisphere) would make me a little nervous. YMMV.

Makes perfect sense. If I ever ditch the K4, which I doubt, I would definitely go that route.

I"m really liking Omnispheres 2.6 update.

I just made a multi using all 8 patches, and each patch is made up of dual layers for a bigger sound.

Using waveforms I managed to get a fantastic Jon Lord sound that I could just never nail on my soft B3s or even the HX-3.

I like making my own key click attacks that are only on one patch out of 8.

It"s crunchy and finally I can add the volume I want to it.

The Analog Vibrato Effect can be used on 4 parts so it"s not too overwhelming. And each part has separate speeds and depths to get that Scanner type of chorusing and Vibrato.

It won"t do Uriah Heep but Booker T and Jon Lord it does better than my other options.

What makes this work is the effects.

You add them to the footages you want instead of applying them globally, so the Distortion is never overwhelming but authentic, just like the Vibratos getting dialed in on the right footages makes a big difference.

Still won"t replace a great 3 Oscillator Monophonic like the SE-02 but it sure does polyphonic synth patches like never before.

I just have to load a Multi now for each song. Then the MIDI Learn Assignments are saved with the Multi.

I stand corrected now.

No need to save a Multi to keep a MIDI Assignments Template.

The manual doesn"t say you can or can"t, it just says Multis are saving each Template.

This is great news because even using a Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 Multis being loaded are not fast enough for me.

But in Patch mode I can load 4 Patches rapid fire per song and they"re instantaneous.

I was spoiled using Patches, so when I started wanting to automate the FX I became discouraged with the Multi being sluggish.

Save Template works for each Patch.

Fantastico....