Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UVI Ravenscroft iOS is on sale

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great app, and when I've found bugs and reported them, they have been responsive. (The most recent one was it not shutting off when the app was closed/in the background despite the setting to do exactly that. They said it would be fixed in the next update but I haven't checked if that's shipped yet.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Yeah, I had problems with the iOS version in the beginning, and tech response was great. Turns out it wasn't the app, it was my controller keyboard that was at fault, problem solved once it was replaced.

While I like the piano sound, I'm baffled to find the reverb is really sub-par, it reminds me of the cruddy fx I've encountered over the years in cheaper/older gear. And the functionality/features are severely limited compared to the Mac/PC versions (which makes sense to me, why give your full product away for a fraction of the cost, though there are some companies that do)

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Yeah, I had problems with the iOS version in the beginning, and tech response was great. Turns out it wasn't the app, it was my controller keyboard that was at fault, problem solved once it was replaced.

While I like the piano sound, I'm baffled to find the reverb is really sub-par, it reminds me of the cruddy fx I've encountered over the years in cheaper/older gear. And the functionality/features are severely limited compared to the Mac/PC versions (which makes sense to me, why give your full product away for a fraction of the cost, though there are some companies that do)

AUM is your friend, young padawan. Turn off the lousy in-app reverb and run Ravenscroft (which is an absolute must buy yes yes yes!) through the AUv3 or IAA reverb app of your choice. Problem solved.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

AUM is your friend, young padawan. Turn off the lousy in-app reverb and run Ravenscroft (which is an absolute must buy yes yes yes!) through the AUv3 or IAA reverb app of your choice. Problem solved.

Good point, though I've had various problems getting my some of my apps to play nice together, esp in AU3, but also somewhat in AUM. Keeping things as simple as I can make them has been one of my strategies for dealing with far-less-than-rocksteady performance of these apps.

Or perhaps it's not AU3 or AUM so much as there being a lack of standards so that many apps can play well together-?

Good point, though I've had various problems getting my some of my apps to play nice together, esp in AU3, but also somewhat in AUM. Keeping things as simple as I can make them has been one of my strategies for dealing with far-less-than-rocksteady performance of these apps.

Or perhaps it's not AU3 or AUM so much as there being a lack of standards so that many apps can play well together-?

Kymatica has a nice reverb plugin, AUFX-Space, that you might like with Ravenscroft. The other apps I use have nice reverbs built in (NeoSoul, Pure Synth Platinum, iFretless, iSymphonic, Soft Drummer), but if I felt resource-tapped I'd turn them all off and apply AUFX-Space overall to the mix bus channel.

Here for the gear.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, no other music app I use has lousy reverb. I imagine it's better on the PC/Mac versions.

Hello American brethren,

Here in Canada I am seeing a price of $24.99 Canadian (a bit less than $19.00 American) snd no mention of a sale. Just so I know, what is the half price that you are seeing?

I think that's about right. I can't see the price on the App Store because I have it and it just says "open."

https://www.uvi.net/en/ios-apps/ravenscroft-275-piano.html?search_query=ravenscroft&results=1

Screen-Shot-2019-08-08-at-6-07-56-PM.png

Here for the gear.

Hello American brethren,

Here in Canada I am seeing a price of $24.99 Canadian (a bit less than $19.00 American) snd no mention of a sale. Just so I know, what is the half price that you are seeing?

That is the sale price (normally $49.99 Canadian).

Just a heads up that UVI Ravenscroft iOS is on sale at 50% off. Now is the time, grasshopper.

Thanks for the alert. Not to mention that the full-blown app is 30% off until Labor Day.

By 'full blown' do you mean the PC version?

Yes, that would be another idiom for the Big Kahuna. https://www.vilabsaudio.com/

Here for the gear.