Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ever search YouTube for yourself?

Having a good time tonight finding YouTube videos I've never seen, mostly shot with cell phones, of gigs I've played. I do a lot of fill-in/sub stuff so I don't always catch the videos. A couple searches by band name and/or venue or location can yield all kinds of fun stuff!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, perfect example. I mainly play keys but landed a gig playing bass. Drummer is a local radio personality. Played multiple projects with the one guitar player. He brought me innbecause we were auditioning bass players. I brought out my rig and we sound checked it. That was probably the only time he had heard me play bass and said...hey......I need a bass player. And the rest was history.

What's sad about this video is the horrible digital clipping and feedback especially since it's radio. Saddening.

[video:youtube]mLxPbZ40K7w

Followed by:

[video:youtube]0DwnR6rvQ6M

That of course was just trying to stay active after I gave up my bread and butter because of divorce and other factors:

[video:youtube]igUnF4_9MTc

I'm in the middle of the dilemma now. Do I fill in when I can with successful bands? Do I become the lead singer for a program band? Do I focus my energy on original material?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Apparently, I am a YouTube topic (or two):

Geoff Grace - Topic

The "About" tab says, "Geoff Grace is an actor and composer.

This channel was generated automatically by YouTube's video discovery system."

(I'm not an actor, that's another Geoff Grace, but I am a composer.)

Strangely, few of my compositions are at the link above, but the link below has demo recordingsâposted by Fervor Recordsâof me performing songs I wrote back when I was aspiring to be a recording artist in the '80s:

Geoff Grace - Topic

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

This is what I get when I search for my name on YouTube.

I am flattered that she is singing this song of love to me.

But so sorry, it's not meant to be, Valentina.