Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Variax - yes or no?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a guitar player in a previous band who had one. He didn't care too much for how it played. He only used it for songs where he needed something like acoustic or banjo or some of the other things it modeled well.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I think it plays fine. Probably because I'm mainly a keyboard player. :D

dB

Well, you and me both. That said, he had the very first model that came out. This was late 90s I think.

We did a lot of 80s so he usied it for banjo on Come on Eileen and acoustic on Melt with you, etc. but anything else he used his ibanez.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a Variax 600 and POD XT Live set up, and I quite liked it. It was very versatile, and that was very useful to me as the guitarist in my church's worship team. The only problem it had was it got massively glitchy when there was a lot of humidity in the air. I can't tell you if it really sounded like a 59 Les Paul through a plexi Marshall & 4x12 cabinet, because I've never owned either one. But it really sounded good to me.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

The one that I love is the ability to instantly switch it to 12 string.

dB

That was a big deal for us, as well as banjo so long as you can play banjo parts with guitar tuning, which is a whole other thing. But yeah, the acoustic, and especially 12 string sounds were great, especially for not having to switch guitars, and not worry about feedback with an acoustic guitar in a loud band,

Dan