Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Poll and the other forum now deleted

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would vote to shut it down if it was one of the choices. (i.e as in the 3 choices of that forums' thread topic)...and include a link to the Talk Music forum with a notice that the forum shut down for anyone who tries to sign on to that one. Include an explanation that they can sign on to the Talk Music forum and meet up with old friends like Earleg, WF and others:

I deleted the whole forum, I found a way to do that so I pulled the trigger once it was done there was no way to leave a message .

In the upper right hand corner where it says login or register? after you click register, the next screen asks for your email? then you click on continue? I didn't go any further. I think just about anybody can register. After going through all the sign ups, did they say they have to approve of you? Let me know if you need Joe's email address if you do not hear anything... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

In the upper right hand corner where it says login or register? after you click register, the next screen asks for your email? then you click on continue? I didn't go any further. I think just about anybody can register. After going through all the sign ups, did they say they have to approve of you? Let me know if you need Joe's email address if you do not hear anything... :cool:
I went through the whole process trying to register there

When I go into the link the forum gives me for pending registrations, the subsequent page tells me, "There are no registration requests pending." :idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

DBM, it looks like you can talk to Joe right here so I won't need to send you his email address. Good luck and I hope you get on the Talk Music forum soon... :cool:

Joe, thanks for chiming in and giving DBM some help. I know he would be a welcome addition to the Talk Music forum... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

@ Caevan, It was the Pro Boards Guitar Players Forum. You signed up as a member along with others from this forum (like Doc, White Fang, DBM, Me, Fred, and others). Very few of us posted on a regular basis to that forum. It was started by Doc as a contact point in the event this forum shut down (which it almost did a couple of times). Doc also started the Talk Music Forum which is also a Pro Boards forum. It has more active members and we were looking at merging the two, but it made more sense to just close the in-active one where no one was posting anymore. Members could join Talk Music on their own so there was no need for a merger and Doc left no one as a Moderator to replace him on the Guitar Players forum that he started. He has Moderators on the Talk Music forum that will keep it going. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Apparently there is a movement over there to get WF reinstated. I have posted my email address on my profile page if anyone would like to stay in contact should that happen.

He is sorry for overdoing his humor on these boards, we all took it seriously, but he was just "goofing" (kidding in his own way) on us (which is what us old hippies used to do with each other). I do not know if they will reinstate him here, but if they do he thinks he can behave in a decent manner without the "goofing" on folks. So he seems penitent about his little bits of what he thought was humor. Lighten up and lets see what happens.

+1 Surfer Girl, The movement (i.e. poll thread) on the Pro Boards Guitar Player forum to invite him back on after Doc had banned him (before Doc passed on), was deleted. With the deletion of that forum entirely, none of us will be on it anymore and we won't have to worry about WF coming back. AFIK he won't be coming back here on this forum either, as he was dropped by the Mods on this forum and the Pro Boards GP forum simultaneously after several warnings. He is active still on the Pro Boards Talk Music forum should anybody wish to stay in touch with him and he does seem to be playing it cool over there... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Until he sincerely accepts responsibility for his actions I will not lighten up. He NEVER sincerely apologized to me. I gave him a whole week and 3 opening to apologize. The only way I could've made it more obvious would have been to beg. He NEVER offended you so makes it easy to forgive and forget. When I get an apology I believe is sincere I will lighten up.

I don't consider accusing someone of having 3rd grade English for using a instead of an goofing off, I call it mean.

Jenny S.

+1 Surfer Girl, The movement (i.e. poll thread) on the Pro Boards Guitar Player forum to invite him back on after Doc had banned him (before Doc passed on), was deleted. With the deletion of that forum entirely, none of us will be on it anymore and we won't have to worry about WF coming back. AFIK he won't be coming back here on this forum either, as he was dropped by the Mods on this forum and the Pro Boards GP forum simultaneously after several warnings. He is active still on the Pro Boards Talk Music forum should anybody wish to stay in touch with him and he does seem to be playing it cool over there... :cool:

Thanks

I sent him a message on the other board trying to be nice and it didn't work.

Jenny S.

@ Surfer Girl, WF couldn't just offer a sincere apology to you nor anyone else that he pestered (me included) and it wasn't just joking around, it was mean spirited commentary IMHO. I'm glad you stayed on with us as I knew you would be a valuable asset to this forum. I left the other forum so that I would only have to deal with him 50% of the time. Then they finally aced him on this forum too, so I kind of like it here! Those that still want to communicate with him can do so on the other Talk Music Forum, so it's not like he's been cut off from any of his friends... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

I am trying to get him back on because even though he was goofing on us, he was also interesting and he was busy. There is very little going on on these forums but when the Fang is here there is more interesting stuff to look at. He probably won't apologize to any of us but I do think he learned his lesson and will probably be a more careful in how he responds to us. I was insulted a little myself but I just let that go. A person who is angry hurts him/herself more than the person who forgives. Even at my age I am learning that.

I found some of his posts interesting and some not. He never bugged me but I can easily ignore things that really bug others. He did push issues to rile up some of our other members. I alway remember a foolish law of physics (you cant push a rope) and try hard to be a rope when others try to get too pushy or confrontational. I think I agree with DBM. Jim

• 2 weeks later...
I found some of his posts interesting and some not. He never bugged me but I can easily ignore things that really bug others. He did push issues to rile up some of our other members. I alway remember a foolish law of physics (you cant push a rope) and try hard to be a rope when others try to get too pushy or confrontational. I think I agree with DBM. Jim

If you have to try too hard, someone's pushing too hard...

Those he pushed so, did not deserve it. Bullying a young girl, bright and enthusiastic, is unacceptable. So is ignorantly braying like a jackass and deliberately provoking a knowledgeable player that excels at their craft while simultaneously practically bragging about being a rank beginner for decades. I'll admit that I didn't feel particularly rope-like when he criticized my 'writing' and advised that I leave being creative and humorous to others better suited to it such as himself, but I rather cooly replied none the less and left it at that. He was like an irritating belligerent drunk that the regulars tolerate to a point at a local tavern just because they're occasionally funny or good at trivia or darts.

;) Anywayseses, the OT has drifted far off the tractor and through the field and into the woods here... :laugh:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I think the mods on this forum and Doc on his forum, were more than fair. WF chose to ignore their warnings and was not truly going to apologize to those that he irritated. Those that find his posts humorous, informative and interesting can still contact him on the talk music forum at: http://talk-music.proboards.com/ I harbor no ill-will toward WF, but I stand by the actions taken by the mods on this forum and by Doc. I appreciate their professionalism in having to deal with these types of situations. We are all very lucky that this type of thing is rare on this forum and that we all get along very well IMHO. :cool:
Take care, Larryz