Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: seeking Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area living info

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to eastern NC. All I've got going is regular church praise band weekly. Family will be in Boone area mid-September to vacation and see a grand-daughter. If you are on FB, this lady has a separate blog about the music scene in eastern NC: Tracey Stones - has music blog

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Welcome to eastern NC. All I've got going is regular church praise band weekly. Family will be in Boone area mid-September to vacation and see a grand-daughter. If you are on FB, this lady has a separate blog about the music scene in eastern NC: Tracey Stones - has music blog

thanks for the FB music blog tip!

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Steve, I have been on the road since Friday and head back out to Amilia Island Florida today. Should be rolling back in about 5am Wednesday. I should have some time Wed/Thursday and I am solo at Brixx Pizza Bradford Place Cary, NC on Friday. Maybe we can squeeze one in!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know how many other forum members, but LeesKeys and myself both live in the New Bern area. Close enough to the coast for easy access, and reasonably close to Raleigh if one wants to go to large city. There are a number from the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) area.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Don't know how many other forum members, but LeesKeys and myself both live in the New Bern area. Close enough to the coast for easy access, and reasonably close to Raleigh if one wants to go to large city. There are a number from the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) area.

The trawler is currently in Oriental. I'm selling the sailboat in Michigan. I am following Tracey's FB blog--thanks for the tip! Once I get settled into the New Bern marina I'll start looking for a band to hook up with.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

My wife and self were in Oriental yesterday for a Pamlico High School class of 1958 reunion held at Brantley's restaurant. Also had to do some quick computer fixes for my largest commercial client, Sail Loft Realty. Lovely little town, advertise self as the "sailing capital of the world," though I can't really confirm that; but home prices there have really gone way up in recent years.

Can't help much on the local bands, my night life was very restricted the past few years before having an operation for cataract and glaucoma, now seeing better than in the past 7 years or so..

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Well, the trawler deal fell through since the sailboat deal fell through first.

I decided to settle in Durham and rented a Tobacco Warehouse loft in the West Village. It is so cool! Jimmy Weaver and I have chatted and am looking forward to hooking up with anyone that wants to in the area.

Peace.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites