Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tips to Get Work

Guy Michelmore's ThinkSpace Education YouTube channel is a good online resource for composers. Today, he posted a video entitled "Film and Television Composer - 6 Tips to get work!"

[video:youtube]

If you have your own tips, feel free to post them below.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't watch the video from where I am right now, but does he cover the freelancer sites? I've started getting some work through one of those, mostly for podcast themes etc. The main issue is the big chunk the site takes of your pay but I've raised my prices so that the work I get is worthwhile to me. Anyone else use sites like Upwork or Fiverr?

I've looked at Upwork or Fiverr, but they didn't knock me out.

Agreed: Upwork are actually quite difficult to get accepted for. Fiverr will take anyone from what I can tell, but the issue is their cut. Once you work out what you want to make and adjust prices accordingly, the platform itself is very good. I've only done two jobs via Fiverr but both went smoothly. I've also used Fiverr as a buyer to get some tracks mixed and mastered, and have been extremely happy - I did spent a lot of time vetting people though.

• 1 month later...