Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is this anything?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience working on them, some of the high end Electones sounded pretty good. But this example doesn't fit in that category.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Pretty weaksauce Electone. I use(d) a beefier one from the same era - the D-80 - for years at Petco Park. There was plenty of cheesy timbres to be gotten, and indeed the auto rhythms were cool, but even I had to put it through a Ventilator to get a tone I actually enjoyed hearing in the stadium.

Electone.jpg

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

A little while ago a tenant left an Electone behind when they moved out. Turned it on, played it and put it in a skip along with the rest of the stuff they left.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

I love that device duck-taped to the side of that beast. What is that???

That's the comm for talking to the control room.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Pretty weaksauce Electone. I use(d) a beefier one from the same era - the D-80 - for years at Petco Park. There was plenty of cheesy timbres to be gotten, and indeed the auto rhythms were cool, but even I had to put it through a Ventilator to get a tone I actually enjoyed hearing in the stadium.

Electone.jpg

I bet that sounded great too. I played sideline @ Busch Stadium, all sporting events too, killer gig. Never played their Organ, couldn"t even get near it.

But the sound in a real stadium smells like Victory. Absolutely love that Stadium sound. Best natural slapback one can hear.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I'll take the pedals......

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

If the front-panel paddles for voicing control are the same mechanisms that were used on the CS-80, they're worth a hundred bucks to a repairman on their own. But never having worked with a BK-4 and not being able to tell from the photo, I could be very wrong...

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music