Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Fuji thread... :)

I suspect that this might be the shortest thread seeing as I am the only one (atm) with a glorious fuji, but I am happy to talk to myself if necessary. :D ...... I won't learn anything but at least it will increase my post count.......

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that this might be the shortest thread seeing as I am the only one (atm) with a glorious fuji, but I am happy to talk to myself if necessary. :D ...... I won't learn anything but at least it will increase my post count.......

Actually, you're not the only one with a Fuji, though maybe the only one with a digital version. I've got 5 film cameras from Fujifilm!

So in all seriousness xKnuckles, tell us more about why you use Fuji. There are a lot of photographers that just love everything about them. Their new medium format offerings are also amazing looking. Tell us everything. :)

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

The Fuji XT2 and XT3 are amazing, the immediately accessible controls are easy to use, and their willingness to add new features in their firmware updates are fascinating. If they apply this same attitude and technology to their medium format offerings, they're gonna have a winner on their hands.

So in exciting Fuji news today, I found out that we are buying a GFX100 for a robotics project at work. It will be integrated as part of a robot, but before that happens they're going to let me play with it for a day or two :D

Really? That's one amazing camera...

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/shocked-cat-face.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

The Fuji XT2 and XT3 are amazing, the immediately accessible controls are easy to use, and their willingness to add new features in their firmware updates are fascinating. If they apply this same attitude and technology to their medium format offerings, they're gonna have a winner on their hands.

That is what I wanted xKnuckles to tell us about. ;)

I have a neighbor that was a photographer major in college. She has some amazing prints around her house from her film days. She is so discouraged by digital cameras and technology she's essentially stopped shooting all together. She has an older Canon 1DX, great lenses and more but doesn't use them. I almost convinced her to sell it all and get a Fuji. Instead she bought a smaller Rebel T7i or something. Yes its a lot smaller than her 1DX but she barely uses it. Breaks my heart. She would probably be taking a lot of photos if she had switched to Fuji.

Yes Fuji has won customer's loyalty with the firmware updates. I love the ergonomics.

-Mike Martin

Casio

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I have a neighbor that was a photographer major in college. She has some amazing prints around her house from her film days. She is so discouraged by digital cameras and technology she's essentially stopped shooting all together.

Wow, I'm just the opposite. My old Nikon F2 was gathering dust for decades until I bought my D5600. I've found some great deals on used lenses in the last month or so, in addition to my old legacy Nikkor glass. It's a nice collection of primes and zooms.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

While I used a film camera, the idea that I could experiment freely and be as creative as possible and get instant feedback on the screen was amazing to me. There was no going back after that. While I live film, I am not going to pass up that creative opportunity.

I have a neighbor that was a photographer major in college. She has some amazing prints around her house from her film days. She is so discouraged by digital cameras and technology she's essentially stopped shooting all together. She has an older Canon 1DX, great lenses and more but doesn't use them. I almost convinced her to sell it all and get a Fuji. Instead she bought a smaller Rebel T7i or something. Yes its a lot smaller than her 1DX but she barely uses it. Breaks my heart. She would probably be taking a lot of photos if she had switched to Fuji.

Yes Fuji has won customer's loyalty with the firmware updates. I love the ergonomics.

They're great. I just don't have enough cash for multiple cameras. I have an old 2010 Leica point and shoot and the photos from this still look great, so I use that for a lot of things where I don't want to carry a large camera but I want better quality than a phone camera.

That's a pity about her attitude toward digital cameras. What exactly about them does she dislike? Maybe she should get that Nikon rangefinder DSLR or, yes, a Fuji XT3.

That's a pity about her attitude toward digital cameras. What exactly about them does she dislike? Maybe she should get that Nikon rangefinder DSLR or, yes, a Fuji XT3.

I don't know if its the camera or the computer. I think it was almost two years ago she spent a week with a friend hiking around the Grand Canyon. She did take her camera. I think all the images are still on the card.

-Mike Martin

Casio

It might be the whole process, including using the computer. A lot of people don't want to fiddle with a computer. It's not my favorite thing either, but it's a means to an end. I began recording music on analog tape and photographing on film, and both have led to using a computer. I like having all the control, but there's just sometimes in which I crave more physicality and want something more mechanical.

After much deliberation, I opted to buy a Fuji camera primarily because Ken told me to......... :D

Needless to say, it turned out to be a great suggestion. I love all the physical controls sooooooo much. I would never change to a camera with menus. I have reached the point where I can adjust them whilst shooting without looking etc. I would hate to have to be diving in and out of menus. It is also smaller and lighter than most other cameras which is important to me and my small hands. Looking through the electronc viewfinder is a gorgeous experience... so bright and colourful. And of course, it takes beautiful pictures.:)

It

So in exciting Fuji news today, I found out that we are buying a GFX100 for a robotics project at work. It will be integrated as part of a robot, but before that happens they're going to let me play with it for a day or two :D

:evil: I was looking for,a robot smilie and this was the best I could find...

That is most interesting Rich! Are you allowed to talk about this at all? I would be interested to know what the grand plan is for the camera and also if there was a particular reason why they chose that particular model. How did you get on with it? Are you now a convert?

It might be the whole process, including using the computer. A lot of people don't want to fiddle with a computer. It's not my favorite thing either, but it's a means to an end. I began recording music on analog tape and photographing on film, and both have led to using a computer. I like having all the control, but there's just sometimes in which I crave more physicality and want something more mechanical.

I would be willing to bet that it is the computer that is the problem. I remember how daunted I was when I took my first photos and then was unable to even look at them until I had figured out how to import them into LR....then I had to go through the whole rigmarole of learning the program...which seems extremely difficult when you first start. It took quite a while before I started liking the process (and I like it far more now that I have swapped to Capture one.....) :D

It is daunting. Most film photographers did not process their own film, yet that is what we are doing here. On a computer.

As a side note, I was asked to submit several potential cover photos for an upcoming book I've created on night photography of abandoned sites in Southern California. I selected one photo that I had processed about three and a half years ago, and realized that I didn't care for some of the processing, thinking that I could do much better now, so I ended up re-processing it again. It's potentially for the cover, after all.

It

:evil: I was looking for,a robot smilie and this was the best I could find...

That is most interesting Rich! Are you allowed to talk about this at all? I would be interested to know what the grand plan is for the camera and also if there was a particular reason why they chose that particular model. How did you get on with it? Are you now a convert?

I'm not at liberty do discuss the specifics of the project :cool:, other than they wanted the highest resolution camera sensor they could get.

Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, because apparently it's still not available. You can preorder it, but it's not clear when the actual shipping date will be.

*Edit*: turns out there was a lot more demand for this camera than Fuji expected, so the first batch already sold out. Seems like it's a one to two month wait now for the next round.

That's a problem that Fuji is probably only to happy to have.

Have fun messing around with it when you have the chance!