Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Lead

Man, this synth gets around. When search results come back, it has been used on a LOT of songs. A synth that was introduced in the 1990s has been used on hit songs from the 1970s and 1980s - wow. :boing:

So are the Nord Leads from the 1970s the ones to get? :roll:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted a video on another thread of a Ben Folds performance, and he had a Nord Lead next to his piano. It reminded me I hadn't seen anyone joke about the instrument on the forum for a little bit. And there it is!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

And the other famous Jimmy even named his band Nord Lead Zeppelin, but like the Silver Beatles, they dropped the first part.

Oh, and then took out that extra vowel for the US market.

:laugh:

Here for the gear.

The Nord Lead will go down in history as proof that any attempt at humor becomes funny if repeated often enough.
Funny, I just heard Conan O"Brien basically describe this same principle. But without anything to do with keyboards. Does anybody remember how this running joke got started?

And speaking of late night shows, doesn"t Paul Shaffer famously own a vintage Nord Lead originally owned by James Brown?

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

True fact: Similar to Dolby Labs' suit against Thomas Dolby, Nord successfully sued Michael Nord, or Dorn as he is now known to fans of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

I heard this thread was locked by Nord ?

Edit:

Tried to insert a image by the 'insert picture box' but could not get it to work.

Do a search on Google for Nord Lock, and Nord should be safe :crazy:

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

This was used by Debussy to compose his Red Sonata (from the early stages of his middle works). It's been meticulously restored and is now on display in the Debussy museum located in his birthplace in Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France.

nord-piano.png

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud