Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2019-2020, 100th Season Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gronk is smart to get out of the game while he can still Walk Away. Injuries have caught up to him, we could see the difference in his play this season. He came through when Brady needed him in the Playoffs and Super Bowl, but it was time to hang up his cleats.

I heard on the Golic and Lingle radio show this morning that Gronk has not touched the 60 million he made playing football. He lived off his endorsements. Gronk is a lot smarter than a lot a people give him credit. In addition to his financial planning, he played for New England, and played multiple positions effectively. There have been a lot of players that were unable to "Get it" in New England, but Gronk "Got it".

I wish him well and expect to see his smiling face on the tube and probably in Cameo appearances in movies.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news for us Packers fans:

Hall of Fame lineman Forrest Gregg dies at 85

I've read Jerry Kramer's Instant Reply many times over the course of my life. Kramer wrote a bit about Gregg, as they were both starting linemen for Vince Lombardi's Packers, so I feel like I knew him a little. I'm sad to see him go.

In his book Run to Daylight, Lombardi called Gregg "the finest player I ever coached!" That's a high standard, indeed. Here's to one of the all-time greats. RIP, Forrest.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• 1 month later...

Another great has passed:

Packers legend Bart Starr dies at 85

Im sad, but not surprised. He didnt seem well at all in his last public appearance to honor Brett Favre a few years ago at Lambeau.

Bart Starr was one of my childhood sports heroes, and reportedly, a tough, kind, and thoughtful human being. His five championship victories in the span of one decade have never been equalled.

Thanks for the memories, Bart.

[video:youtube]

Best,

Geoff

• 2 months later...

Yeah Nick was a great athlete and a good guy. I hope he didn't suffer.

To bad we have to use Facebook to "Like" a Post. I got out of Facebook quite awhile back. Never going back.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• 4 weeks later...

Antonio Brown is up to his old tricks. I wonder how soon Oakland will realize that giving Brown a 30 million dollar guaranteed contract was a bad idea. The man is a cancer in the locker room.

I wonder if Vegas is giving odds on how long it will take Brown to blow through all that money.

Mike T.

His dad, Oliver Luck, has had quite a career in the sports world after five years in the NFL. I imagine Andrew can follow in his father's footsteps and do similar things. Still, it's a shame Andrew never got to have the NFL career he should have because of all those injuries.

Meanwhile, the Texans might have lost Lamar Miller for the season with a possible ACL injury.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That first shoulder injury he had was a devasating injury. I don't know that he ever fully recovered from that Injury, in particular, mentally. Getting injured and going through the long process of recovery and trying to work one self into getting back into being physically fit can wear on anyone. Too bad, I was hoping he would be able to play at a high lever again.

Its best to walk away before anymore injuries prevent him from leading a normal life after football.

Mike T.

It appears QB Andrew Luck is hanging up his cleats.

Apparently, latest injury has him mentally worn down. :cool:

My worst pessimistic evil self"s nightmare as an Eagles fan is that this could potentially be Wentz in years to come.

Don't even say that out loud. :shudder:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Time to bump this thread!

The NFL's 100th season kicks off this Thursday, September 5th, 7:15 PM CDT when the Packers travel to Soldier Field to play the Bears. The rivalry between the two teams is one of the oldest in NFL history, dating back to 1921.

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Packers100.jpg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

I was reading the Steelers take on their Sunday Night Game against New England. From what Mike Tomlin and Ben Rothlesburger said, they already lost the game.

I won't bother to watch it. It could be a re-enactment of Custer's Last Stand.

Mike T.