Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Logo and Stickers

Ladies and Gentlemen;

I've got me a logo, and a thousand stickers are on their way.

How cool is that?!?

Dr%20K%20Sticker%20Picture.webp

Cheers,

Paul K

PS evidently I need to do something else to make the pic show up. It's here if'n you want to see it: www.drkmusician.com

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll share a little trick I did some years back to boost our reach. It was a little different in that it was an 80s Tribute during the time that 80s had just made a resurgence, so we had a good contingent of you ladies who liked to come dance. We did stickers, guitar pics, and Tshirts. But then we decided to try Temporary Tattoos. I think it was 1-1/2" or 2" circle, (black and yellow). We got something like 1,000 for about 11 cents apiece. This was also before bands had musician pages on Facebook and we just had a regular Facebook page, so you could friend people and tag people. So here's the rub: during break, I would go around and ask girls if I could put a tattoo on them. Arms were fine, chests were even better. Usually a whole group of girls would get them. Then I'd ask if I can get their picture, which they always agreed to. Then I asked if I could friend them or vice versatile on FB so I could tag them, and they almost always accepted. Within a year of starting the FB page, we had 2000 followers and every weekend groups of girls were getting tagged along with us, so that their entire friend list saw pictures of them sporting our logo having fun at our gigs, and people visiting our page saw weekend after weekend of multiple pictures of girls out having fun. I had to be pretty diligent about getting folks to get the tattoos and connecting on FB. But the band exploded and we increased our pay significantly over the course of a few years. There are a lot of other factors and I'm not saying there is something magic about tattoos, but they are novel and cheap enough that you may want to consider something like that. Just a thought.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

We used to stick them everywhere. In fact some of the places I play with another band still have stickers on the wall back stage from 12 years ago. The only issue we had is we would stick them on girls butts (that's not the issue) and by the end of the night, they would come off and be stuck to the dance floor. The staff didn't like trying to scrape them off the floor. I would advise not pissing off the staff.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• 4 months later...

Several corner lamp posts, stop signs, etc. nearby have decals from bands that are long gone...

Local archaeology. ;)

I've never heard of any attempts to punish anyone.

OK, so how much trouble can one get into by sticking these stickers all over town?

Asking for a friend....

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Ha, so.....I went to a Christmas party at our new favorite bar in Savannah...Moon River. We are part of the "Quality Assurance" program. It sounds like a heavy responsibility, but we're up to the challenge as it provides $4 22oz beers ($3 at happy hour) and a bunch of perks/free nachos and dinner on your birthday, and an open bar at said yearly Christmas party. I was chatting up the guy next to me, talked music. He said, "Wait, what? You're 'THE' Dr. K?" It appears that in high school they nicknamed their favorite fortified wine "Kessler's" as "Dr. K", and he had texted his old gang of delinquents a pic of my sticker the previous day.

So stickers work.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.