Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

APaolo 50

I had the pleasure of spending last Saturday afternoon/evening at Paolo's (Synthmania) place. First time I've been to his beautiful new home just a mile or so from the old one.

He's done well to "furnish" it to my liking. But before we get started, direct from the Keyboard Wish List thread...

I wish I had less keyboards.

Paolo just turned 50 and bought himself an Elka Synthex. When he mentioned this in his original text message to me I some how was thinking EMS Synthi. No matter, this is an absolutely gorgeous sounding synth, similar in flavor to the Jupiter 8 with imo a less overbearing beautiful sounding chorus effect that can be removed. First time I recall ever seeing/hearing one of these in person...and I'm in love!

YgVQrbql.jpg

On with the tour:

The Moog Sonic 6, last year's Christmas present from his lovely wife. I was curious about this one as just prior to purchase Paolo's wife contacted mine to get my opinion ...of which I was clueless since I had never seen one of these either. Not your typical Moog soud but interesting never the less. Gotta love the built in speakers.

ydMMmUtl.jpg

OK, enough blah blah - on with the tour:

CJYir5Y.jpg

wi1oqfh.jpg

I absolutely love this little Yamaha CS-5 mono:

jUAcFxO.jpg

DBFNbgG.jpg

i65RuUU.jpg

We only had so much time, so we messed with his awesome Synthesizers.com modular making a basic Moog style patch...EEEEYOWWWWW!

ua6T1r0l.jpg

While this puppy was loading....

DzaBPDKl.jpg

...since this recent acquisition isn't quite ready yet - Apple computer delivery expected shortly.

Btw I forgot to snap a pic of the Fairlight (in left foreground) before Paolo put the cover back on.

EM28sNhl.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...anyone ever think "I wish I had less keyboards"? Here we go :laugh:

g9xeKFLl.jpg

tMgL1Pml.jpg

tMgL1Pm

PiHV2xWl.jpg

And of course with this much stuff in your main room you need a back room (or 2).

vhhmK09l.jpg

cEDQcQLl.jpg

qCwqllml.jpg

PmrNXODl.jpg

wH8t2VZl.jpg

So yeah, good time at Paolo's is an understatement.

Now for the question...Do I wish I had less keyboards? F*****CK NO! (does the revamped site allow this?)

But I'm still not sure what this crap is...

m1ldQsZl.jpg

:poke::roll::cheers:

Dang...my wife doesn't give me keyboards, especially ones like that.

Instead, she gives me gems like "What!? You need another one? Don't you have two already?"

"...but one is a controller, and it's kind of broken...and one is just a rompler--a rom-pler--never mind.... I need a good organ, and then I need a good synth..." Yeah, that works as well as you think it might. I might as well be reciting Hamlet in Klingon.

Holy bleep. I officially don't wish I had less keyboards; I wish I had a lifespan that would allow me to explore 3/4 of the potential of all of THOSE keyboards. That rack of modules made me feel light-headed for a moment. :clap:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Thank you, Mark!!! It was great getting to jam together at the studio for a few hours. The old Mac has arrived, so hopefully the next time you stop by, the Sync' will be operational (I better start practicing the intro to "Beat It" :laugh:

I totally admit, I've got way too much stuff, but after all, it's way less than Junkie XL, Hans Zimmer - and especially this guy from Switzerland:

Eric, any time you're up in the area just ping me, will be happy to show you the new place!