Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for a certain 80's patch

I'm wondering if someone with a long memory can help me. Back in the mid to late 80's, when I owned a DX7, I ordered some free sample patches from one of the many programmers who advertised in Keyboard Magazine. They came written on a single piece of golden-colored paper. The one I used the most was called "Arctic Keys," but there were a couple others I liked as well, whose names I don't remember. I'd love to find those five or six patches now that I have a software FM synthesis module. I use to take one of the patches and run it through a Rockman and get the most amazing distorted guitar sound, and haven't been able to recreate it.

So if your brain cells happen to contain this info, I'd deeply appreciate it.

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much, mate! Man, it's great to see a copy of Aftertouch again. But it also tells me my memory is totally flawed about where I got Arctic-Keys. I *think* that the Liv Dngsly is one of the patches I was thinking of--I'll have to try it and see--if so, it is a drum sound that worked well with distortion as a kind of tom. But that means I'm clueless as to where I got my lead sound. I'm almost sure it was on the previously mentioned golden paper from one of the programmers who advertised in Keyboard Magazine. I kept my 80's issues for years, but finally gave them away. He sent the sample patches either for free, or maybe charged a buck or two so you could try them. I really appreciate you sending this. I never should have parted with my DX7.

You may already have Dexed (as in, it's the software you referenced)...but if not, it's worth getting and seeing if the patches you want are in the collection that comes with it. It comes with a ton. Long shot, but worth a try.