Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

He's a freak of nature!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

. That last new song was spectacular.

just watched and agree. :cool:

My two favorite Easter Eggs (which have nothing to do with the music) are "The Ramone's" lunchbox off of the left shoulder of the backup singer on the right and the "9:30 Club" book under the other backup singer's M-Audio controller (which is also in the foreground of the Sesame Street Tiny Desk concert).

:nopity:

He really is.

What I particularly like is the development he had (and still has). TBH, when he first popped-up for me he had the "insanely talented but I don't connect with it" label. But last few years he really seems to use his talents more to make real music (I like it better in any case).

He is really one of the most musical talents alive. It's almost scary.

Rudy

He's such an amazing musician. I can't even begin to imagine what it'd be like to have all of that cocked and ready to go. He sure has a deep understanding of it and such a playful way to explore it.

I was surprised at the stunningly good recording quality- the vocals and that upright piano- sounds like a grand to me. This sounded like a finished product, not just a live set in an untreated room. I wonder how much of this performance was amplified, esp the vocals, esp since they're not wearing headphones. It may have sounded very differently in the room than what we're hearing.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Blown away. Tiny desk concerts are a gift as it stands. This was a great venue for him. I"ve been following him for years and enjoy him more as time passes. This performance had so much complexity for a largely acoustic soft set. Amazing components of Rhythm, vocals (range, control, blending), volume control, floating lyrics on a changing landscape of voicing, and more. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris

Main gear: Yamaha C7, Kronos 2 88, Moog Sub 37, CK61,  Kurzweil PC2x, Pearl epro, Mac/Logic/AUs

I'm glad he has found such fabulously complementary musicians as well. The whole group sounds fantastic.

They really do!

(I can"t imagine how nerveous I would be playing with him! They seem really relaxed though...)

Rudy

I'm glad he has found such fabulously complementary musicians as well. The whole group sounds fantastic.

Great video, thanks for posting. Truly, JC is unreal.

I don't know who the other musicians are, but that's Becca Stevens on the right. Great voice, super talented. https://www.beccastevens.com/about

[video:youtube]

Mike