Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kenper - Direct to desk.

CEB

This weekend I played keyboard gigs.

The guitarist played direct through a Kemper. It was his first gig out with it. It worked great. He owns killer amps. I think objectively his amps (Tyler JTM 45 clone, USA Bad Cat Matchless, Morgan PR12) sound better but the Kemper worked better, Worked great through IEMs. The desk seemed to have a better time mixing the monitors. He liked the portability. I've been thinking about something like that or a Helix especially since I'm a keys guy primarily.

Bassist and I run direct already. Only sounds off stage are drums and wedges for a a vocalist who can't IEMs due to ear canal issues. The production guys love it. I tried the direct modeler thing but was ahead of my time. Tired it in the 90s with a Boss GT-3. That was high tech back then. The cleans were nice but U hated the dirt sounds. Time to revisit it but dang Inown some really nice amps.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic