Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For anybody using backing tracks, this unit looks good

Cymatic Audio LP-16 Live Player

This is cool. It uses 16 tracks of multitrack audio directly from a USB hard drive OR an iPad. If you're doing a single/duo with backing tracks, run this to a mixer and voila you have full control of your live mix. I'm very surprised at the price too. Very reasonable.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[url=https://www

This is cool. It uses 16 tracks of multitrack audio directly from a USB hard drive OR an iPad. If you're doing a single/duo with backing tracks, run this to a mixer and voila you have full control of your live mix. I'm very surprised at the price too. Very reasonable.

Bob

" The standalone Cymatic Audio LP-16 plays 16 mono WAV files"

Stereo tracks and panning L/R is a big deal for my One Man Band stuff.

If its just mono... Maybe its not a fit for my requirements

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I was looking at the Cymatic, but decided to not get one for two reasons - 1. the output jacks are soldered on the main board and that makes me think that it"s easy to break the whole unit. 2. A friend of mine has one and sometimes it doesn"t respond to play/stop commands. I went for Joeco BBP and never looked back. They"re expensive though!

Greg, if you have stereo tracks then you can have 8 stereo pairs. One L goes into track 1 the R goes into track 2 etc and that flows to your mixer where you pan the two tracks L and R. So you now have 8 stereo instruments instead of 16 mono ones although you're not running the bass stereo are you? Years ago I did a duo with backing tracks and they were stereo. I mixed the bass and drums L and everything else R to give me some control over the bass and kick because they can be very boomy depending on the venue. That worked sort of OK but I really wished I had full multitrack control and this unit can do that.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

doesn't appear to have setlists, nor a way to select tracks via MIDI...al I could see was MIDI light control....nah, pass, I'll stick with the laptop! Especially at near $500 (AUD)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Korg Kronos. 16 MIDI + 16 Stereo Audio, Setlist Mode....just sayin

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.