Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kanex USB-C iAdapt Multiport Docking Station for iPad Pro

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USB storage on an iPad won't mean much to me until the native music app can recognize songs stored on an external device. (Boo.)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I was researching something like this a few months ago and came across something called the bolthub on kkckstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1244137944/bolthub-worlds-first-invisible-usb-c-hub-for-ipad-pro

Its was days from launching and a close to identical version of it from Kanex arrived on the market. Thought it was very strange timing The bolthub one relaunched again days later and appears to be in production. I wonder what's going on?

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

Yes, the fruits of the USB-C must ripen up on iOS. Hopefully more quickly as all models make the switch.

Looks like iPadOS 13 should improve file handling when it comes out in the Fall.

" iPadOS 13 supports external disk drives and SD cards natively; just plug in and access from the Files app."

" iPadOS 13 supports external disk drives and SD cards natively; just plug in and access from the Files app."
Is this not possible with a CCK in iOS12? (Genuine question, I thought it was. I had assumed the iPad USB-C connector was "kind of" "like having a built-in CCK").

Cheers, Mike