Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bach Hammond

Most older dutch people remember the band Ekseption from the late sixties early seventies.

I don´t really know about the rest of this world, but i guess ´´ONE Hammond to rule them all´´ comes to mind....Is there any style a Hammond cannot fit in ?

Anyways enjoy....(if you are not familiar with this)

[video:youtube]

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While Thijs's vocal range may not be what it was his Hammond tone has lost none of its magic. Brilliant multi instrumentalist.

[video:youtube]

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

On "Peace Planet" he is playing a Hammond M3. These are ekseptionally rare in Europe. Most bands until they could manage to get a C3 or B3 used the more common L100 like Thijs, Emerson, Tony Banks, and Vincent Crane or an M100 like Tony Kaye, Winwood, Alan Price, Rick Wright, Ian McLagan, Matthew Fisher, John Paul Jones, and many others.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Most older dutch people remember the band Ekseption from the late sixties early seventies.

I don´t really know about the rest of this world...

Once the internet arrived, I backed into Ekseption from the Trace recordings, which I found first. I think most proggers were aware of Rick van der Linden, he was fairly prolific and quite talented.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.