Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Busker Alert - Bigfoot Portable PA

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really a clever design. They also have a pop-up line array model which looks potentially even more interesting.

However, in digging deeper on their web site, their products -seem- more designed for voice amplification rather than music. Would love to be shown wrong about that.

This is really a clever design. They also have a pop-up line array model which looks potentially even more interesting.

However, in digging deeper on their web site, their products -seem- more designed for voice amplification rather than music. Would love to be shown wrong about that.

"Sorry," you are right! Our church used to get their catalog. It is not meant to be for music production. The company told us.

How about this one? https://soundboks.com/

I didn't know but Amazon sells it https://www.amazon.com/SOUNDBOKS-Loudest-Wireless-Bluetooth-BATTERYBOKS/dp/B077XFYQ6F/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=soundbok&qid=1564243702&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Not really a Roland Cube Street EX replacement. It weighs over 3 times as much, costs over 6 times as much, is huge, doesn't have nearly as comprehensive of a mixer- it lacks guitar models/fx, it lacks reverb for vocals, has only 2 band eq compared to 3 band eq on 2 mixer channels,

A closer rival would be the Bose S1 Pro. It also weighs under 20 pounds, has built-in reverb and bluetooth, and is $100 more than the Cube EX.

I use the Cube Street EX typically twice a week, really enjoy it esp since I pair it with a QSC K10, and having so many mixer options comes in handy. Looking forward to picking up a Bose S1 Pro to replace the K10, which would mean my PA is completely battery powered.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

The BA330 would serve me much better as a keyboardist. I'd say that the S1 Pro is really for acoustic guitar players. The BA330 stereo amp is twice as heavy as the S1 Pro, but with the extra weight and larger enclosure, it would handle multi instruments better than the S1 Pro. The BA330 at 30 LBS is very easy to handle. The 15 LBS difference between 15 and 30 is not the same as 45 LBS vs 60 LBS. Once again for my needs as a keyboardist. Stereo operation/expansion, lots of inputs and outputs, and anti feedback.

A $99 proprietary battery for S1 Pro vs inexpensive 8 standard AA rechargeable batteries. A friend installed a simple charging jack in my BA330, and I don't have to take out the battery compartment.

Yeah, I took a look at the Roland BA 330. Came out in 2009, has 4 6.5" speakers (!) and 2 tweeters, 30 Watts of power, rudimentary mixer with 4 channels, anti-feedback.

Hard to tell how loud it'd get and how good it sounds, but the reviews I read were overwhelmingly positive, saying the sound quality and volume were incredible considering we're talking 30 watts here on AA battery power.

I'll bet it'd give a good run for the money with the Roland Stage Cube Street EX, which has 50 watts of power pushing two 8" woofers and 2 tweeters. The Cube EX also has a much more comprehensive mixer channels for voice and guitar, as well as a total of 4 channels of input. To me it doesn't sound super hi-fi, but I've been very pleased with how it renders vocals and guitar. For keyboard work, it obviously doesn't have the bass that my K8 and K10 have, but for what it is, a battery powered amp with a good mixer, it does all right. I usually pair it with my K10 or K8.2, and that combo gives me all the bass I need, lots of mixer inputs, and a stereo monitor.

If I had the spare dollars to throw at this, I'd get the Bose S1 Pro and the BA-330 and return one of them. I'd like to go completely battery operated.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I decided against starting another annoying parody thread, but every time I see the title of this thread my brain interprets it as "Bigfoot Potable IPA." I may have a problem...

87.jpg.34a962964d10bbc439bd828fba71dfed.jpg

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain