Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amp Stands

Hey all,

I'm back to playing the bass! Looks like I haven't posted in just shy of 6 years....glad to see some familiar people still here.

I tried to search for what I am asking but didn't find anything so I'm going to ask. Does anyone use an amp stand? I want to get my combo amp off the floor more so I can hear better and not have to play as loud.

Glad to see the community is still here.

How do you sign a computer screen?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use an amp stand as it's one more thing to schlep from the car. My "Dr K" kick drum shell speaker retains the original kick drum legs, so it tilts back 20 degrees or so. I have a plastic PA cab that I loaded with a 12" delta-lite, and that sits in front of me as a monitor when there is full PA support, or behind me on it's side when I don't have PA support but need more than the single 15" in the "Dr. K".

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

So does the tilting do the trick for you? I am ok with that too but one place I play has a hollow wood stage that gets awfully boomy so I was trying to get it up off the floor. I did see some discussion in my google search that if the cabinet isn't at least 30"+ inches off the floor, the sound will still resonate.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I've not played on any resonant floors that I can remember, or at least not often enough to locate the source of the boom. I'd just put your speaker on a chair and have at it.

I have had issues with resonant rooms, once with a guitar player with flatwound strings using the neck pickup with his amp's bass control on +5; bastard blamed me for being too loud.

So is it the floor or the room or both? Speaker in the corner will help with room resonances, so get there before the drummer does and claim that real estate.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• 3 weeks later...