Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CP4 � USB drives that work?

I'm trying to use the audio record function on my CP4 so I can take the direct sound and sync it with video. However, I'm getting a whole boatload of errors on the three USB drives I have currently available. Any CP4 owners out there able to suggest specific (and currently available) models they know definitely work? Looking for the max capacity here, too.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never tried USB recording on a CP4, however I would suggest trying a relatively low-capacity USB2.0 stick.

I have a Sandisk Cruiser Fit USB2.0 32gb stick which works fine in all the Kawai DPs I've ever tried.

Sometimes it can help to also format the USB stick on the instrument itself too.

Kind regards,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Thanks James, I forgot about formatting on the piano. Even works with my Toshiba 3.0 64gb now.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

I can't help you, but sure wish I knew the answer. Every USB drive I've tried on my CP4 (even when formatted on the CP4) chokes when I try to record. Usually the most I can get before it fails is a little over a minute, even with plenty more capacity on the drive. I finally gave up.
Mike