Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I swore I wouldn't do it, but just started piano lessons and needed some form of computer over in my keyboard area so I brought a iPad (head hung in shame). So guess I'll be getting ForScore and other apps for music and practice. Going to try and keep the iPad strictly for music purposes.

Two opposite extremes, though both have "full size" keys.

Casio Privia PX-S3000 :love:

CME Xkey 25 - the replaces an original Korg nanoKey, of which I could never really figure out. I mean, the "key" layout would always throw me. "Is that the C, or is it the B?" Sometimes the keys felt like the would bind as well.

Now I need to figure out how to properly set the aftertouch on the Xkey to work with Animoog.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Just spent a grueling 6 hours driving to Long Island and back to pick up a Hohner Pianet N. I have been searching ads nearly every day for almost 20 years looking for a good deal on one of these and it finally happened.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Finally bought a MP11SE. Tested every board I could get my hands on (Yamaha P5151, CP88, Genos, Montage, Roland RD2000, Kawai VPC1, ES8, MP7SE, Korg Grandstage, Kronos, Casio PS-X3000) and none came close to the fabulous action. Only the VPC1, but was too heavy for my taste. Love the build quality, piano and Rhodes samples.

Next stop: clonewheel!

Trumpet player by trade, but fell in love with keys too.

Just spent a grueling 6 hours driving to Long Island and back to pick up a Hohner Pianet N. I have been searching ads nearly every day for almost 20 years looking for a good deal on one of these and it finally happened.

I hope to hear many magical 60s pop songs coming from your direction!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

• 3 weeks later...

Pair of Adam Audio T7V studio monitors.

I sold my Rokit 6's because they were too big for my desk.... and then bought a bigger set because they were Adams. Go figure. :-)

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Trying to pry a handyman's special ARP Avatar from a guitar player (original owner). I'd like to convert it to an Odyssey module and modularize it. He's one of these guys who hoards stuff and he doesn't even play synths, hasn't played it in YEARS. Admitted he doesn't know what to do with it. The thing doesn't work yet he is wishy-washy about keeping it for nostaglia and talks about "getting around to fixing it"... He's not a synth tech, I quickly spotted all the things wrong with it (typical ARP foibles), I'm not going to show him how to fix it. I know what it's worth and I know how to bargain with guys like these.

Told him I was ready to buy it that night, I flashed the cash in front of him (haven't made my offer yet). When he left practice he didn't take it with him, left it on my keyboard stand. It's not my property, it stays there until a deal is made. I bet he's researching the net - I did too.

I'm jealous. Someday I will have one!

I want a bit crazy, especially because I'm no bassist or drummer:

IBANEZ SR2605, finally paid, ordered on February 2018:

IBANEZ bass SR2605

And 3 Cymbaks for my drummer:

Zildjan A Custom Sweet Ride 23", 25th anniversary:

Zildjan A Custom 25th nun ersatz Sweet Ride 23"

127.thumb.png.6c6a7b354492b29cba387a32ddf197a5.png

128.thumb.png.352166c088b4626a424156ee9e4f6ee5.png

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

Plus a Meinl BYZANCE a Dark Crash 17":

Meinl BYZANCE Dark Ride 17"

And Meinl BYZANCE Medium Thin Crash 19" traditional....

Meinl BYZANCE Medium Thin Crsah 19"

See pictures attached...

129.thumb.png.c3d81c259121b142b17adcad31b691cb.png

130.thumb.png.fb51ddad63f30770288547e0bd18e855.png

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

Scored a Roland RD-1000 from a shop in Manchester, NH. They wanted $400 with a road case (not that I'd ever gig with it), and offered it to me for $275. Also picked up an E-MU UltraProteus for $50.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I bought a RD1000 for my D50 several years ago and paid 400 CAN$ at that time.... And 400 CAN$ for my Proteus 2000.... So, you got very good deal so....

Ordered a Midas M32R mixer and Gator case. And a Studio 12W Leslie. The wood version. Unfortunately everything is on back order until late September.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

I bought a RD1000 for my D50 several years ago and paid 400 CAN$ at that time.... And 400 CAN$ for my Proteus 2000.... So, you got very good deal so....

I'm extremely happy with it so far. Other than a couple dead LED indicators, she works and sounds great. Action is the best I've played since I had a MIDIBoard back in 2007.

Also, sold the Motif-XS6 a couple of weeks ago and upgraded to a MODX7.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

This is small potatoes compared to people buying grand pianos, but I bought the Synth City library for my AAS Chromaphone 2. I was surprised at how close to home plate it came. Physical modeling is usually very clean-sounding, but there's some real 80s polysynth grit to be had here. These guys know how to "break the model" in high style.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

had to replace my trusty old K240M headphones (cable is getting too frayed near the headphones). Got the Beyer Dynamics DT770 Pro 250 Ohm. Went closed back since my studio is in an apartment, next to a highway, across from a railroad tracks. Not to mention I am going mobile this time next year moving the heart of my studio into a 32' travel trailer while my wife and I enjoy retirement.

korg volca modular

it is fun - but of course - a toy.

i guess i will sell it again. but i ll give it a second and third chance before.

in chaos it all started - in chaos it will end

*** the liquid sky network ***

liquid sky bandcamp

liquid sky artistcollective soundclown

patreon for the liquid sky reforesting project in portugal

giphy.gif