Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who's Using Windows 10 version 1903? Thumbs Up/Down?

So...

I had a hard time with W10 1809. It would update, but then Windows would do a subsequent patch, and blue screen the computer. So I went back to the pre-patch version, and delayed further updates until this month.

When I did a quality/service update on 1809 yesterday, it succeeded. Everything is up to date and working right.

But now, Windows says "Hey, all is well. Do you want to install 1903?"

Well...do I?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've updated my 6 W10 computers and the 3 virtual computers to 1903. Also this week updated a commercial client with 5 computers. A couple of their machines (high end workstations) had problems getting rid of 1809, one had tried for weeks nightly to go to 1809 from 1803.

I've found best results using Microsoft's Windows Upgrade Assistant (I think it makes some checks before going ahead that don't get done otherwise); every machine so far. Some of my own machines, I burned DVDs and installed using that media.

The 1809 upgrade brought many, many problems to lots of folks. Plus Microsoft kept on forcing the upgrade. So far, one has to explicitly ask for the upgrade to 1903 (however, anyone using 1803 or earlier which won't be supported soon can expect the upgrade to be forced, IMHO)

My business is computers and networking, we do both Apple and Microsoft. As far as I'm concerned, I wanted off of 1809 ASAP.

Added: outward appearance of 1903 is quite similar. They have added Dark Mode (only for apps that will support it), which I find useful in a dark room.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I've updated my 6 W10 computers and the 3 virtual computers to 1903. Also this week updated a commercial client with 5 computers. A couple of their machines (high end workstations) had problems getting rid of 1809, one had tried for weeks nightly to go to 1809 from 1803.

I've found best results using Microsoft's Windows Upgrade Assistant (I think it makes some checks before going ahead that don't get done otherwise); every machine so far. Some of my own machines, I burned DVDs and installed using that media.

The 1809 upgrade brought many, many problems to lots of folks. Plus Microsoft kept on forcing the upgrade. So far, one has to explicitly ask for the upgrade to 1903 (however, anyone using 1803 or earlier which won't be supported soon can expect the upgrade to be forced, IMHO)

My business is computers and networking, we do both Apple and Microsoft. As far as I'm concerned, I wanted off of 1809 ASAP.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Don't change something that works. It's been more than a year since I installed my last Windows 7 updates and everything is working fine.

I'm online too much not to keep up with the security patches and such. Also, some of the updates are really useful, like the timeline feature. Saves me lots of time.

I think I'll image 1809 since it's working, and follow MoodyBluesKeys' advice to use Upgrade Assistant to install 1903...and cross my fingers.