Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nashville at Night

I went to this bridge a few years ago and made an attempt from essentially the same place. The difference being there was a lot of lightning from distant storms and heat. This evening however I was presented with a problem. It took almost 45 minutes for my lenses to warm up to a point where they weren't fogged up from condensation. It was quite warm but so humid outside.

In any case this is with the kit lens (I need a new wide angle) at 18mm. 10 seconds, f/9 and ISO250. I had been doing some longer 20-30 second exposures and wasn't getting the lightning so I changed to shorter exposures instead and got lucky once.

48312585632_6fa325e8d2_b.jpgStrike over Nashville by Mike Martin, on Flickr

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool. Great capture of some lightning, and great colors.

Hand warmers and rubber bands (or a beer cozy) is a good cheap non-technical way to keep the lens warm and do away with condensation, dew, etc.

There are tons of ultra wide angle lens around now, from relatlively cheap to a couple of thousand dollars.

Hand warmers and rubber bands (or a beer cozy) is a good cheap non-technical way to keep the lens warm and do away with condensation, dew, etc.

I definitely need to remember this for the beach trip next summer. Thanks Ken for the great ideas.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.